Gaming Influence: Thoughts - PlayStation State of Play | February 23, 2023

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my thoughts on the PlayStation State of Play that happened on February 23, 2023. 

Before I start, not every game that was shown in this digital presentation will be talked about as I will mainly talk about games that I care about and am interested in. If the games you care about and are interested in don't show up here, don't take it personally, I have nothing against the games, but they're not just for me or I don't have much to say about them except cool. However, if you are happy with the games that you care about and are interested in that I'm not or nothing to say about it, good for you and I'm happy for you.

Anyway, let's get started!



This PlayStation State of Play will cover five PSVR2 games, ten games from indies/third parties, and an extensive look at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Let's get to it!


Destiny 2: Lightfall is the next expansion for the popular free-to-play online-only multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Bungie, Destiny 2, as it will be released on PS5 and PS4 on February 28, 2023.

Even though I'm not into first-person shooters that much as well as not being into Destiny 2, it's cool to see that Bungie is still supporting this game with new content and it looks to be good in terms of story and so forth. We'll see how this expansion will turn out when it's released next week.


Tchia is an action adventure game developed by Awaceb and published by Kepler Interactive as it will be released on PS5 and PS4 on March 21, 2023.

This game has been showcased for the past few years now and we finally got a release date for the game which continues to look amazing. This game looks to be a mixture of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Super Mario Odyssey into one so I'm definitely hyped about this game and I can't wait to play it next month.


Humanity is a puzzle game developed by THA Limited and published by Enhance as it will be coming to PS5 and PS4 in May 2023.

The moment I heard that the creators of Tetris Effect was making this game, I was intrigued and it looks to be a fun puzzle game and the art style looks very cool as well. In addition, there's a demo for the game that is available right now and so far, it's been fun so hope to see more of this game in three months.


NARUTO X BORUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM CONNECTIONS is a fighting game collection of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM games that are coming to PS5 and PS4 in 2023.

Okay, I didn't see this announcement coming at all, but cool to see the NARUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM games being a collection into one as the NARUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM games were quite fun back in the day so it's great to see them back. Plus, they're adding new characters to the game including Ashura and Indra Otsutsuki which is quite cool as well. We'll see how this collection will turn out when it's released later this year.


Baldur's Gate III is a role-playing game developed and published by Larian Studios as it will be released on PS5 on August 31, 2023.

We also have seen this game in the past for a quite a while now as the game is starting to look pretty good. In addition, we finally got a release date for the game as well which is coming out this summer so that's nice. Hope to see more of this game when it comes out in six months.


Street Fighter 6 is the next installment of the popular fighting game series from Capcom, Street Fighter, as the game is coming to PS5 and PS4 on June 2, 2023.

Every time I see more of this game, I continue to be impressed by it and it looks incredible. The three characters they showed off look great with Zangief and Cammy returning as their designs look sick and the new character, Lily, looks a lot of fun to play as. I can't wait to play this game as it'll be coming out in four months.


Resident Evil 4 is a reimagining of the original Resident Evil 4 game on the GameCube back in 2005 as it will be released on PS5 and PS4 on March 24, 2023.

Just like with Street Fighter 6, the more I see this game, the more I want it as Capcom is definitely delivering the reimaging of this game and it looks incredible. I like how they're keeping what makes Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 4, but they're expanding on it and make it more survival horror which I'm totally down for. Plus, they're adding The Mercenaries mode which is awesome and that a demo of the game will be out soon which I'm looking forward to it. Either way, I can't wait to play this game as it comes out next month.


Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is an action-adventure game developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games as it will be coming to PS5 on May 26, 2023.

From everything that Rocksteady showcased in this game, it looks really good in terms of gameplay, intriguing story, the characters being themselves like in the comics/movies, and the graphics look beautiful. I feel like this game has the potential to be really good, but the moment that Rocksteady announced that this will be a live service game where a battle pass will be implemented to it, that's when my interest of the game falls flat. Granted, I have nothing against live service games, but most of the time, it doesn't end well if you look at games like Marvel's Avengers, Chocobo Racing GP, and Babylon's Fall to name a few. I have a feeling that this game will end up like those ones, but only time will tell. Either way, the game is coming out in three months so we'll see if the live service model for the game will do well or not.

Overall, this was a decent presentation from PlayStation. Granted, if you are into PSVR2 games, then this presentation might be a lot better for you where I do find the games looking cool, but that's about it. In addition, Capcom pretty much carried this presentation for what they've shown and if it weren't for them, this presentation I feel like would've been bad even though some cool looking indie games showed up here. Either way, this isn't the best presentation that PlayStation has done, but a few of the games that they've shown off looked quite interesting so we'll see what else PlayStation has throughout the rest of the year.

You can catch the full PlayStation State of Play yourself with the link below:


What are your thoughts on the PlayStation State of Play?

What were your highlights and what games do you really want?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts