Manga Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Manga In 2023

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Manga Influence, similar to Gaming Influence, but mainly giving my thoughts on certain manga and manga series with some fun mix of manga-related content here.

For this edition of Manga Influence, I'll be ranking my most anticipated manga in 2023.

Before I start, my rankings will only be based on the manga that will be released in 2023 or manga that are still ongoing heading into 2023. Also, my rankings will not include light novels, manhwa, and manhua. In addition, if there isn't any manga in 2023 that doesn't make it on my rankings, that means that I have no interest in them, or forgot about them so keep that in mind.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I start the actual rankings, here are some honorable mentions that I'm interested in, but didn't make it on the list:

Honorable Mentions: Black Clover, Detective Conan, World Trigger, The Apotechary Diaries, Akane-Banashii, Takopi's Original Sin, Oshi no Ko, Children of the Whales, Mission: Yozakura Family, Undead Unluck, Ranger Reject, Witch Watch, Edens Zero, Blue Box, Sakamoto Days, Dandadan, Four Knights of the Apocalypse, A Sign of Affection, Mashle: Magic and Muscles, Blue Exorcist, Choujin X

Okay, time for the opening. Starting off my most anticipated manga in 2023 with #20:



Yofakashi no Uta or Call of the Night in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kotoyama as it's currently serialized in Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday since August 2019 and is still ongoing.

This is a manga that I've been hearing good things about as of late as there was an anime that came out last year on it which I haven't watched yet, but after reading the synopsis of what the story of the series is about a guy not being able to sleep and having insomnia until he met a girl that will change his life in an interesting way, call me intrigued. We'll see how the manga will turn out this year.

Next, here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #19:




Fumetsu no Anata e or To Your Eternity in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yoshitoki Ōima as it's currently serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine since November 2016 and it's still ongoing.

This manga has been talked about as of late and there was also an anime adaptation of this manga that came out two years ago which I have yet to watch as they even announced a second season for the anime will release this year. After hearing good things about this series as it's about a mysterious immortal being who can be shaped into anything as it approached a boy who's all alone as the mysterious immortal being went on an adventure on the boy's body, I can't say that I'm not intrigued. We'll see how this manga will do heading into 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #18:



Sono Bisuku Dōru wa Koi o Suru or My Dress-Up Darling in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Shinichi Fukuda as it was serialized in Square Enix's Young Gangan in January 2018 and is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga in 2022, to me, this manga is one of the more intriguing romance manga out there. Despite the manga containing fanservice which is something you would kind of expect, they made it up with really well-written characters and you really want the protagonists to be together which I think they have done well so far with the chapters that came out in 2022. Let's hope that 2023 will be the year where the manga continues to improve from here.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #17:



Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken or That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime in the West is a Japanese manga series that is based on the Japanese fantasy light novel series written by Fuse and illustrated by Mitz Vah of the same name. The manga is being serialized in Kodansha's Monthly Shōnen Sirius since March 2015 and it is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga in 2022, this manga is quite interesting to me as the story may sound like a stupid and crazy idea at first, but after reading it, it's actually not bad and is quite good. It has some pretty good comedy in there that goes well in its narrative, but also gets good when being serious and the characters are well written too. This manga may not be for everyone due to its wickedness, but if you like that type of stuff, then looking forward to this manga in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #16:



Tongari Bōshi no Atorie or Witch Hat Atelier in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kamone Shirahama as it's currently serialized in Kodansha's Monthly Morning Two magazine since July 2016 and is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga in 2022, this is a pretty good manga series as it's slowly picking up in terms of story progression and character development. I can see this manga having a strong 2023 depending on the direction it's going in and I wish the series the best moving forward.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #15:



Sousou no Frieren or Frieren Beyond Journey End in the West is a Japanese manga series written by Kanehito Yamada and illustrated by Tsukasa Abe as it's currently serialized in Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday since April 2020 and is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga in 2022, this manga has the potential to be something big down the line with the direction that it’s going. The current direction that the manga is going with its intriguing story, the evolution of Frieren’s character has been well-written, and the art style is beautiful to look at. I'm interested to see how this manga will do in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #14:



One Punch-Man is a Japanese superhero manga series created by One that was originally a webcomic in 2009 before it was serialized in Tonari no Young Jump in June 2012 and is still ongoing.

One Punch-Man is one of the more unique superhero manga out there as it will be entering a new story arc with the Monster Association Arc ending last year as the continued development of Saitama as a character continues to evolve. I'm curious to see how One-Punch Man will do this year after the Monster Association Arc.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #13:



Boku no Hero Academia or My Hero Academia in the West is a Japanese superhero manga series written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in July 2014, and it is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in my rankings of my favorite manga of 2022, My Hero Academia was going well in my opinion until 2021 when the story progression didn't proceed much and didn't like the direction it was going in especially with the Raid arc which felt off to me. However, 2022 was the year that it changed around for the series with the new arc and the villains finally coming out to fight against the heroes where the story seems to be at its end with the current direction they're going in. We'll see if 2023 will be the final year of My Hero Academia, but either way, hope it ends with a bang.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #12:



Vinland Saga is a Japanese historical manga series written and illustrated by Makoto Yukimura, it was serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine from April 2005 to October 2005 before switching to Monthly Afternoon in December 2005 and it is still ongoing.

Vinland Saga is one of the historical manga that involves Norse mythology where this is one of the more underrated manga series out there since not a lot of people are talking about it compared to other manga. It has a very intriguing story with some well-written characters, and the action and fights in the manga were well drawn letting the readers feel the world that Vinland Saga is in which is incredible. I can't wait to see what this manga will have to offer in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #11:



Beserk is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura as it was serialized in Hakusensha's Monthly Animal House from 1988 to 1992 before switching to Young Animal Comics in 1992 and it is still ongoing.

Despite the author of Beserk, Kentaro Miura, passing away, his closest friend, Kouji Mori, is continuing the manga for him in his stead as his ideas are still there which is great to see. However, it's definitely not the same. Despite that, glad to see that Berserk is continuing, but it's quite a shame that we might never get the true vision that Kentaro Miura had in mind for Berserk, but who knows, he may have left Kouji Mori footprints on what to do moving forward as the series is going to continue without him. We'll probably see new chapters of Berserk this year, but we'll see how they turn out.

Now, we're on at the top ten. Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #10:




Kingdom is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yaushisa Hara as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump in January 2006 and is still ongoing.

This manga is one I'm surprised that still hasn't had an official localization in the West as it doesn't get talked about a lot because of that. It's a really great series with a great story, intriguing characters, and a beautiful art style to look at where I am loving the current direction that Kingdom is heading toward and I can't wait to see how this manga will do in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #9:




Blue Lock is a Japanese manga series written by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and illustrated by Yusuke Nomura as it was serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine in August 2018 and is still ongoing.

A sports manga involving soccer as it does its job well as they have very unique characters that readers can get behind, and the way the characters progress as the story moves forward is quite interesting. I'm very curious about how the manga will turn out heading into this year.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #8:



One Piece is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in July 1997 and is still ongoing.

One of the Big Three in Shōnen manga as they finally ended the Wano Country Arc after four years and with the current arc they're going in, it might be the final arc of the One Piece manga. Granted, it's going to be a few years until that end, but with the direction they're going in, I'm optimistic, and I'm interested to see how Eiichiro Oda will end this almost three-decade manga series. However, first, very curious to see how this year will do in terms of One Piece chapters.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #7:



Mystery to Iu nakare or Do Not Say Mystery in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yumi Tamura as it was serialized in Shogakukan's Monthly Flowers in November 2017 and it is still ongoing.

This is another manga that has not been officially localized in the West. I love my mysteries and this manga definitely succeeded in giving me that mystery and psychological thriller that I love which I appreciate. The story is very intriguing, the characters are well-written, and the art style is very unique compared to other manga out there as I'm curious to see which direction this series will go in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #6:




JoJo no Kimyou an Bouken Part 9: The JOJOLands or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9: The JOJOLands in the West is based on the ninth story arc of the Japanese manga series, JoJo no Kimyou an Bouken, or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in the West, written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki as it'll be serialized in Shueisha's Ultra Jump starting on February 17, 2023.

Even though I did enjoy JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: JoJolion, it didn't hit the same level as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run which I think is the best part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series yet. However, despite that, I still think that Hirohiko Araki has it in him to make another great JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I just don't think it'll be at the same level as Part 7 unfortunately. I also believe that this might be the last part as Hirohiko Araki is definitely getting up there in age so we'll see how Part 9 does later this year.

Now, we're in the top five, and here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #5:



Hunter x Hunter is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yoshihiro Togashi as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in March 1998 and is still ongoing.

Ah yes! One of my favorite shōnen manga as it made its return after four years. Despite only a few chapters being released in 2022, those chapters were incredible as Yoshihiro Togashi despite being out for a while, still has it in him. I can't wait to see how the manga will develop in 2023.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #4:



Kaijuu 8-gou or Kaiju No. 8 in the West is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoya Matsumoto as it was serialized in Shueisha's Shōnen Jump+ in July 2020 and it is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga of 2022, this manga has been on the rise in popularity as of late due to it being free to read on Shōnen Jump+. This manga has intense action with a very well-drawn art style that looks amazing. I am currently liking the direction that Kaiju No. 8 is doing in 2022 and I hope they continue that momentum heading into 2023 as it has a chance to be really popular than it is right now in the future.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #3:



Chainsaw Man is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tatsuki Fujimoto as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump from December 2018 to December 2020 before switching to Shōnen Jump+ for the second part starting in July 2022 and it is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga of 2022, this manga has been on the rise in 2022 and for a good reason as this manga is intense with not only its art style but pretty well-written characters in an interesting story as this manga definitely has a lot of blood and gore. The direction it had in 2022 was great and I can't wait to see what the direction Chainsaw Man has in 2023 as I think it's only going to get bigger from here.

Here's my most anticipated manga of 2023 at #2:



Spy x Family is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tatsuya Endo as it was serialized in Shueisha's Shōnen Jump+ in March 2019 and is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga of 2022, this is another manga that has been on the rise as of late as it has a great mixture of action and comedy where the action is well drawn and the comedy is actually well written with likable characters. The chapters in 2022 for Spy x Family were great and I can't wait to see how this manga will progress in 2023, and I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here.

Finally, here's my most anticipated manga in 2023 at #1:



Jujutsu Kaisen is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Gege Akutami as it was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shōnen Jump in March 2018 and is still ongoing.

As I mentioned in the rankings of my favorite manga of 2022, this was another manga that has been on the rise as of late as I personally love this manga. This manga is an excellent example of what shōnen manga should be like with an intriguing story, well-written characters, and intense action with the art style. I am loving the direction that this manga is taking in 2022 and I have a feeling that 2023 is going to be even better for this series so I'm looking forward to it.

Those are my most anticipated manga in 2023.

What is your most anticipated manga in 2023?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts