Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2022 ~ PlayStation

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Gaming Influence which is a reboot of the same name that I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2022 which will begin in the first week of June and will continue for the next two weeks. For the predictions on this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on PlayStation.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I get started, there are maybe some who are wondering, what is Summer Game Fest? Summer Game Fest is a digital video game event that where the biggest video game announcements happen in the summer. Naturally, E3 is generally the biggest video game event in the summer, but with it being cancelled this year, Summer Game Fest is taking its place.

I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the shows start by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about PlayStation so let's get to it.



Thinks


It was announced by PlayStation that there will be a State of Play on June 2 that will be covering third-party games as well as PS VR2 games. Despite that, I think they will also show their other titles within Summer Game Fest on June 9. Regardless, I'll be talking about what PlayStation will have store for Summer Game Fest. I'll be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


This is one of PlayStation's biggest games that will be coming out this year and it looks like it might be coming out this year due to the game being rated already. Granted, you'll never know if it's true or not until the announcement happens. Either way, I can see this game coming out this year, but it could also be delayed to next year as well. Regardless, the last time we saw any footage of the game was the PS5 Showcase last September so I think it's about time to show more what this game is all about along with a release date. Looking forward to this game and I have a feeling we'll see it in Summer Game Fest this year in some capacity.


It's been about almost two years since we last saw any footage of this year dating back in the PS5 Showcase in 2020 and with rumors that the game is done, it's only a matter of time we'll see more of it. Now, I can see it happening in the PlayStation State of Play, Summer Game Fest, or Square Enix Presents (I have a feeling they'll do one for Summer Game Fest this year). Regardless, I have a good feeling we'll be seeing more of this game at Summer Game Fest and I can't wait to see it as it has the potential to be amazing.


Just like with God of War: Ragnarok, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is one of PlayStation's other biggest games for the PS5 as the last time we saw any footage of the game was in the PS5 Showcase last September with a release year of 2023. I think we will get another trailer for this game at Summer Game Fest with a possible release date, gameplay footage, and maybe a story trailer, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way, another game I'm looking forward to when it comes to PS5 next year.


It was announced by Square Enix earlier this year that they will have more news on the second part of Final Fantasy VII Remake later this year and what better way to do that with Summer Game Fest. Whether it be in the PlayStation State of Play, Summer Game Fest, or Square Enix Presents, I have a feeling that we'll see something for the second part of Final Fantasy VII Remake at Summer Game Fest. In terms of what they will show, a story trailer with some gameplay footage and a release window. Either way, give it to me Square Enix!


The last time we saw any footage of this game was in the PS5 Showcase last September and it was slated to be released this year. Since it's this year, I feel like it's time to showcase what this game is all about with a new trailer showcasing its story, a gameplay showcase, and a possible release date. Whether it happens on the PlayStation State of Play or Summer Game Fest, I have a feeling we're going to get more of this game and hope that we get it because it has potential to be great.


Just like with Marvel's Wolverine, the last time we saw any footage of this game was in the PS5 Showcase last September and we only got a teaser with a logo. However, I have a feeling that at either the PlayStation State of Play or Summer Game Fest, we're going to see more of this game as we might get a story trailer with gameplay footage and a possible release date or window. Either way, looking forward to this game as I enjoyed the original and I'm intrigued on how the remake will turn out.


Originally, this game was supposed to be released on May 24, 2022, but the game got delayed to October 11, 2022. With the game being delayed, I expect another trailer for the game whether it be in the PlayStation State of Play, Summer Game Fest, or Square Enix Presents, I have a feeling we're going to see it again. Either way, this is a game I'm looking forward to seeing more of and want to play it so bad. October 11, 2022, can't come soon enough.


Just like with Marvel's Wolverine and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the last time we saw any footage of this game was in the PS5 Showcase last September as we got a trailer along with gameplay footage. I don't know when the game will be released, but I have a feeling that at either the PlayStation State of Play or Summer Game Fest, we're going to see more of this game with a possible release date or window. Regardless, I want to see more of this because from what we saw of it, it looks to be very fun and hope we do see more of it at Summer Game Fest.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for PlayStation, but let's go over what I want from PlayStation. Now, these games that I want might happen, or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.




With PlayStation officially shutting down Japan Studios and with Keiichiro Toyama already leaving PlayStation, it's safe that another game from the Gravity Rush series is long gone which is such a shame as I really enjoyed the series and it was lot different compared to other Sony franchises. However, I can always hope for a new game of Gravity Rush in Gravity Rush 3, but it's not going to happen. I can dream though.


Just like with Gravity Rush as PlayStation Studios closed down Japan Studios, I don't expect another game within the Ape Escape series as it's been more than a decade since Ape Escape 3 so the likely of getting another Ape Escape game is very low and probably won't happen. However, just like with Gravity Rush, I can always hope for a new game of Ape Escape in Ape Escape 4, but with it being gone for more than a decade, not going to happen which makes me sad. Though, I can still dream.


This is a franchise that PlayStation hasn't done anything with since Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time which is about nine years now which is insane. This series was a lot of fun back in the PS2 era so I would love to see this franchise make a return. Whether it happens or not, only time will tell, but would love to see this series make a comeback.


Yes, I want a new Everybody's Golf game. This series is just fun and a lot of different compared to other PlayStation franchises. In addition, I think this series still has a chance of getting a new game compared to Gravity Rush and Ape Escape which I just mentioned before as their latest game was in 2017. However, with PlayStation slowly getting away from Japanese games which I'm not a fan of, I don't see it happening. However, it has a chance and I hope it happens. 


It's kind of pretty early to get the next Persona game, but I do definitely want a teaser for the next Persona game, Persona 6. However, it's going to be a while, but it's possible that a teaser could happen. Will it happen at Summer Game Fest this year? I doubt it, but I can hope. Regardless, it will come, but the question is when? Either way, after Persona 5, I'm very curious on what the next mainline Persona game will be like. Looking forward to it when the time comes.


Well, those are my predictions for PlayStation in Summer Game Fest time. 

What do you think PlayStation will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want PlayStation to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me knows in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts