Anime Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Anime in 2024

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Anime Influence, similar to Gaming Influence, but mainly giving my thoughts on certain anime and anime series with some fun mix of anime-related content on here as well. 

For this edition of Anime Influence, I'll be ranking my most anticipated anime in 2024.

Before I start, I will only be ranking anime that was released in 2023 which includes the beginning of the year to the end of the year as well as anime that have episodes in 2023. That means if the anime started before 2023, but has episodes in 2023 that are still ongoing, that will qualify. In addition, if the anime started in 2023, but it's still ongoing, that will also qualify. Also, these rankings will not include movies, OVAs, or specials as I considered them separate. Finally, if your favorite anime of 2023 didn't make it on my rankings, that doesn't mean I hate that anime, it just means I haven't watched it or have no interest in it so keep that in mind.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I start my actual rankings if you want to see my favorite video games of last year, check out the link here: Anime Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Anime in 2024

Here are some honorable mentions that I enjoyed, but didn't make it on the list:

Honorable Mentions: Konosuba Season 3, Lazarus, Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!, Ishura, Mission: Yozakura Family, Atri: My Dear Moments, Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night, Acro Trip, Shaman King: Flowers, Tales of Wedding Rings, Whisper Me a Love Song, Quality Assurance in Another World, Highspeed Etoile, Bartender Glass of God, Blue Exorcist, Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp, Classroom of the Elite III, Black Butler: Public School Edition, Tower of God Season 2, Sand Land: The Series, Kimi ni Todoke Season 3

Starting off with my most anticipated anime in 2024 with #20:



Dragon Ball Daima is a Japanese original anime television series created by Toei Animation. It will air in October 2024.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Dragon Ball, I'll say that Dragon Ball Daima looks to be very good, especially with its animation. It looks to be an original story too with the trailers being given as well. We'll see how this anime will turn out when it airs in nine months.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #19:



Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season or That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 is an anime based off of the Japanese fantasy light novel series written by Fuse and illustrated by Mitz Vah of the same name. It'll be created by 8bit and it'll air in April 2024.

Even though That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is not for everyone and I understand that, I personally enjoy it and the third season is looking pretty good so far. Season 3 of the anime will be covering the Saint-Monster Confrontation arc in the manga and it's a pretty enjoyable arc. Looking forward to seeing how it's animated once it airs in three months.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #18:



Isekai Suicide Squad or Suicide Squad Isekai in the West is a Japanese original anime television series created by Wit Studio. It will air sometime this year.

After looking at the trailers for this anime, it actually looks pretty good from what I've seen so far and I'm really surprised that there'll be an anime on Suicide Squad which is quite interesting. I'm very curious about how the anime will turn out as it'll come out sometime this year.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #17:



Bucchigiri?! is a Japanese original anime television series created by MAPPA. It will air on January 13, 2024.

After seeing a few trailers for this anime, it looks to be quite interesting and the concept looks to be quite fun too with two friends reuniting with each other, but also fighting among one another until a genie appears as they fight against other people. It looks to be a fun anime with some good action and some comedy in there too. Looking forward to seeing how this show turns out once I watch it.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #16:



Moonrise is a Japanese original anime television series created by Wit Studio. It will air on Netflix sometime this year.

Judging from what I've seen from the trailers thus far, it looks to be interesting. The animation looks pretty good, the story and characters seem intriguing, and I generally enjoy the art style that this anime is going for as well. This anime has a chance to be good, but we'll see how it turns out once it's released later this year.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #15:



Metallic Rogue is a Japanese original anime television series created by Bones. It will air on January 11, 2024.

This is another original anime that I'm very interested in as judging by the trailers, it has the potential to be really good. An anime that involves humans and androids and a lot of cool action and animation that I'm really down for. Looking forward to seeing how this anime will turn out once it airs in a few weeks.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #14:



Majo to Yajuu or The Witch and The Beast in the West is an anime based off of the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kousuke Satake. It'll be created by Yokohama Animation Lab and will air on January 12, 2024.

The manga for The Witch and The Beast is pretty good so glad to see an anime being made from this and it's looking pretty good so far. As the name suggests, you can say that this is a different interpretation of Beauty and the Beast with very interesting characters and story with it. Looking forward to seeing how the anime will turn out once it airs in a few weeks.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #13:



Uzumaki or Uzumaki: Spiral into Horror in the West is an anime based off of the Japanese horror manga series written and illustrated by Junji Ito. It'll be created by Drive and Akatsuki as it will air later this year.

I always love it when anime studios do an adaptation of a manga that is decades old and they're doing one with Uzumaki which is great. I kind of like how they're keeping it black and white just to get that old-school feel to it and I remember reading it back then as it was quite interesting. Glad to see that this manga finally has an anime and we'll see how it turns out once it airs later this year.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #12:



Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season or My Hero Academia Season 7 is an anime based on the Japanese superhero manga series written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi. It will be created by Bones and it will air on May 4, 2024.

With My Hero Academia Season 6 wrapping up in 2023, Season 7 will return this year as Season 6 definitely made up from Season 5. Season 7 of My Hero Academia looks to be covering the Star and Stripe Arc and the U.A. Traitor Arc as they continue to animate the Final Act Saga. Looking forward to seeing the seventh season of this anime once it airs in four months.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #11:



A Sign of Affection is an anime based off of a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by suu Morishita. It will be created by Ajia-do as it will air on January 6, 2024.

I really enjoyed the manga of this so hearing and seeing that they'll make an anime out of it is great to see. By the time you're reading this, it might be airing right now so haven't seen it myself yet, but judging from the trailers, it's looking to stay true to the manga which I appreciate. Looking forward to watching this once I have the chance.

Now, we're in the top ten. Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #10: 




Dungeon Meshi or Delicious in Dungeon in the West is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Ryōko Kui. It will be created by Trigger and it will air on January 4, 2024.

From what I remembered from the manga, it's an enjoyable manga that is filled with comedy and has a big setting on food so similar to Food Wars in a way, but in a fantasy setting. From what I've seen from the trailers of the anime so far, it looks to stay true to the manga which I appreciate as it's probably airing right now by the time you read this. Looking forward to seeing how the anime once I get the chance to watch it.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #9:



Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen or Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc in the West is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge as it will be created by ufotable and it will air on April 2024.

Despite what people say about Demon Slayer, I still enjoy the series for what it is, and every season of Demon Slayer so far has been great. The animation continues to be the best part of this anime and the character development has been well done too especially with Tanjiro as he continues to grow as a character in the anime. Very curious to see how the Hashira Training Arc will be animated and we'll see it soon within three months.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #8:



One Piece is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda as it was created by Toei Animation, it aired on October 20, 1999, and it is still ongoing.

One Piece will be continuing the Wano Country Arc in the anime and after showing Gear 5, I have a feeling it's going to get better from here. Even though the Wano Country Arc is very long, it's a great one and what we've seen of the arc so far in anime form has been great. Looking forward to seeing how the anime will do heading into 2024.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #7:



Dandadan is an anime based off of the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yukinobu Tatsu. It will be created by Science SARU as it will air in October 2024.

The manga has been getting quite good as of late so the fact that an anime is being for this is great to see. Looking at the trailers being given so far, it looks to be great, entertaining, and funny so I'm hoping for the final product to be like this in the end. I can't wait to watch this once it airs in nine months.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #6:



Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Soukoku-tan or Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Conflict in the West is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tite Kubo. It will be created by Pierrot and it will air later this year.

I have to say that ever since Bleach made a comeback with the Thousand-Year Blood War arc, it has been amazing. In the manga, the Thousand-Year Blood War arc had a lot of pacing issues, but with the anime, they picked it up while still staying true to the source material which I appreciate. I'm looking forward to the next part of this series with The Conflict and we'll see how it turns out later this year.

Now, we're in the top five. Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #5:



Kusuriya no Hitorigoto or The Apothecary Diaries in the West is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written by Natsu Hyūga and illustrated by Touko Shino. It was created by OLM and TOHO animation STUDIO as it aired on October 22, 2023, and it's still ongoing.

As I mentioned in my favorite manga of 2023, the manga is pretty good and the anime pretty much adapted the manga quite well as it's incredible to see. To me, this was my most genuine surprise when it comes to anime this year as it has great character development and the art style is beautiful to look at as well just like with the manga. After what I'm seeing so far from the episodes in 2023, looking forward to watching the rest of it in 2024.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #4:



Sousou no Frieren or Frieren: Beyond Journey's End in the West is an anime based on the Japanese manga series written by Kanehito Yamada and illustrated by Tsukaba Abe. It was created by Madhouse and aired on September 29, 2023, and it's still ongoing.

I really love the manga of this series and the anime adaptation has delivered so far which hasn't disappointed me yet. Even though the anime is still ongoing at the time this article/editorial is up, it really does the series justice by following the source material while implementing beautiful animation, great voice acting, and an enjoyable soundtrack to listen to with this adventure that it goes through. Hope the show keeps it up heading into 2024.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #3:



Oshi no Ko is an anime based off of the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Mengo Yokoyari. It will be created by Doga Kobo and it will air later this year.

As I mentioned in my favorite anime of 2023, as of right now, my favorite anime drama is Clannad After Story and every other anime drama I've watched has been good to amazing, but hasn't reached the same level of sadness and emotion compared to Clannad After Story. However, after watching Oshi no Ko, I believe it'll either be my second favorite anime drama ever or tied with Clannad After Story as the emotional moments as well as the drama that occurs in Oshi no Ko are very impactful that I haven't felt since Clannad After Story which is saying something. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Season 2 will be done and wonder if I'll cry or not when it airs.

Here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #2:




Kaijuu 8-gou or Kaiju No. 8 in the West is an anime based off of the Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Naoya Matsumoto. It will be created by Production I.G. and it will air in April 2024.

Kaiju No. 8 is one of my favorite manga that I'm currently reading and the fact that this manga will finally have an anime is great. Judging from the trailers of the anime so far, it's looking great in terms of animation and action as it looks to be using the source material of the manga from the looks of it which I appreciate. Really hope this anime does well as it will air in three months.

Now, here's my most anticipated anime of 2024 at #1:



Ore dake Level Up da Ken or Solo Leveling in the West is an anime based off of the South Korean web novel written by Chugong. It will be created by A1-Pictures and it will air on January 7, 2024.

Solo Leveling is one of my favorite manhwa. Originally, this anime was supposed to come out last year, but they delayed it to improve it, and I believe it was for the better. The history and track record of anime adapting manhwa haven't been great, but Solo Leveling is one of those series that deserves to be treated greatly as it's one of the best manhwa out there. With the new trailers and the delay, I'm very hopeful that this anime will do the series justice, and looking forward to watching it once I can as it will be airing by the time this goes up so arise!


Those are my most anticipated anime in 2024.

What is your most anticipated anime in 2024?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts