Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2022 ~ Xbox & Bethesda

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Gaming Influence which is a reboot of the same name that I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2022 which will begin in the first week of June and will continue for the next two weeks. For the predictions on this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on Xbox & Bethesda.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I get started, there are maybe some who are wondering, what is Summer Game Fest? Summer Game Fest is a digital video game event that where the biggest video game announcements happen in the summer. Naturally, E3 is generally the biggest video game event in the summer, but with it being cancelled this year, Summer Game Fest is taking its place.

I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the shows start by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Xbox & Bethesda so let's get to it.





Thinks


It was announced by Xbox that there will be a Games Showcase on June 12 that will show what games from Xbox and Bethesda will be coming to Xbox Series X. Despite that, I think they will also show their other titles within Summer Game Fest on June 9. Regardless, I'll be talking about what Xbox will have store for Summer Game Fest. I'll be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


Despite not being into first-person shooting games that much, I will say that Halo Infinite is great and it went back to its roots on what makes Halo special and fun in the first place. With news from 343 Studios (developers of the game), that DLC will be coming to the game, it's only a matter of time before we do so and I have a feeling it will happen at either the Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Regardless, very curious to see what the DLC for Halo Infinite will be like.


Originally, this game was supposed to come out on November 11, 2022, but it was announced by Bethesda that the game will be delayed to 2023. It's a shame that the game got delayed as it seems that Bethesda was very confident that the game would be released on that date, but I guess they have a lot of work to get done so we'll see what the extra time will give them. Despite the delay, I think we're still going to see the game with a new trailer with gameplay footage and showing that the game will be released in 2023. Whether it happens in the Xbox + Bethesda Showcase or Summer Game Fest, I have a feeling we're going to see the game regardless and I do want to see more of it as it does have potential.


Just like with Starfield, this game was supposed to be released later this year, but it was announced by Bethesda that the game will be delayed to 2023. Judging by the trailer that they showed off last year, it was interesting, but it was not enough to get me interested as it was mainly a cinematic trailer. However, this is a chance for Xbox & Bethesda to show what this game is all about by showing a new trailer with actual gameplay. If they can do that at their Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest, I'll be satisfied which I think will happen. Either way, I need to see more of this game and I think it will happen at Summer Game Fest.


The Outer Worlds 2 was one of the biggest announcements that Xbox had last year with their showcase at E3 as it was totally unexpected I feel like in my opinion. The game is in development, but I have a gut feeling that they will show a small peak of what the game is like at either the Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Granted, I don't think they will show any gameplay footage since the game is still in development, but I can see another cinematic trailer with a possible release window. It's a long shot, but I can see it happening. Either way, I really enjoyed the first game so hoping that the sequel delivers and hope to see more of it this year.


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the Xbox Games Showcase in Summer Game Fest 2020 so I feel like it's about time to see new footage of what this reboot of Fable is all about. I can see a new trailer for the game showing the reboot world of Fable with gameplay footage and possibly a release window for the game as I don't think it will be releasing anytime soon. Either way, I see this game appearing at either Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest, and when we do see it, it will blow our minds.



About every three to four years, we get a new Gears of War game and it's been about three years since the Gears 5 so I expect Gears of War 6 to be in the works and we might see a possible teaser of the game at Summer Game Fest with the game possibly releasing in 2023 or 2024. Though, it's also possible that we might not see the game at Summer Game Fest, but I have a feeling that it will be since I'm pretty sure Xbox wants to sell Game Pass and Xbox Series X more and one way to do that is to have more big first-party exclusives on the system and Gears of War 6 would be just that.


Just like with Fable, the last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the Xbox Games Showcase in Summer Game Fest 2020 so I feel like it's about time to see what this new game from Rare is all about. I can see a new trailer for the game showing more gameplay of the game and possibly a release window for the game as I believe it should be coming out relatively soon. Either way, I see this game appearing at either Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest, and when we do see it, I think it will be great.


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the Game Awards 2021 where they managed to show gameplay which looked totally incredible. I have played the first game with Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and it was great and impressive for what it was as that game was developed by Ninja Theory who were an indie studio before Xbox bought them. However, with Ninja Theory being a part of Xbox now, the sky is the limit for them and I have a feeling we're going to see more of this game at either the Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest with showing more gameplay and a possible release window. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game and I can see it happening at Summer Game Fest. 


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the Game Awards 2020 where it was just a cinematic trailer and we haven't gotten any new footage since. I enjoyed Perfect Dark when it was on N64 and enjoyed the remaster of it on Xbox 360 so with a reboot of Perfect Dark, I'm very curious to see on what the game will be like and so forth. I have a feeling we're going to see a new trailer for the game with actual gameplay and a possible release window at either Summer Game Fest or Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase. Either way, hope to see more of this game and I have a feeling we're going to see it at Summer Game Fest.

Wants



Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest, but let's go over what I want from Xbox and Bethesda. Now, these games that I want might happen, or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


Yeah, it probably won't happen, but the Banjo-Kazooie series is one of my favorite 3D platformers and I want them to make a comeback so dang bad. I would love to see a new Banjo-Kazooie game that are like the first two games on N64, not Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts as that game was not great in my opinion. Granted, we got the original Banjo-Kazooie in HD and on Nintendo Switch which is great, but I would love a new original Banjo-Kazooie game that is like the first two games and that would make me happy. In addition, this game doesn't have to be created from Rare either as Rare isn't what it used to be back in the late 90s or early 2000s so have a different game studio work on it and see how it turns out. Regardless, I don't think it's going to happen, but I want it to happen so please Xbox, give us a new Banjo-Kazooie game that is good, please!


We haven't seen anything from this game since E3 2018 and even though I want to see it appear at Summer Game Fest or the Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase, I just don't see it happening. Regardless, I'm hoping that we can at least get a trailer for the game, but I don't think that's even likely. However, I'm hoping that it shows up because I want to see how amazing this game looks like and plays dang it!




For me, I want more Japanese games on Game Pass as I tend to favor more on Japanese games than Western games. As of late, Xbox has been improving in terms of having more Japanese games on their consoles which I appreciate. So Xbox, put more Japanese games on Game Pass please, thank you.


Well, those are my predictions for Xbox & Bethesda in Summer Game Fest time. 

What do you think Xbox & Bethesda will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Xbox & Bethesda to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me knows in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts