Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2022 ~ Nintendo

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to Gaming Influence which is a reboot of the same name that I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2022 which will begin in the first week of June and will continue for the next two weeks. For the predictions on this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on Nintendo.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I get started, there are maybe some who are wondering, what is Summer Game Fest? Summer Game Fest is a digital video game event that where the biggest video game announcements happen in the summer. Naturally, E3 is generally the biggest video game event in the summer, but with it being cancelled this year, Summer Game Fest is taking its place.

I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the shows start by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Nintendo so let's get to it.





Thinks


At this time, there is no official word that Nintendo will be a part of Summer Game Fest or will even have a Nintendo Direct this month at all. However, I feel like we will get a Nintendo Direct this month as they do need to show what games they will have for the rest of the year so I think it's going to have, it's just only a matter of time of when. I will be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate finally being done, it's time for a new hype cycle and this is for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pack. They released the first wave of it in March so I think it's about time that we'll see the second wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pack soon enough. This is where I would predict which eight courses will be on the second wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pack, but that would take forever. Regardless, this is going to happen and I can't wait to see what the second wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pack will include.


Just like with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pack Wave #2, I expect the sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to show up. Granted, we did get an announcement from Nintendo and Eiji Aonuma, that the sequel of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be delayed to Spring 2023 instead of the initial 2022 release. Despite that, I can still see Nintendo showing new footage of the game as I expect a new trailer with more gameplay and an actual title for the game since we still don't know what to actually called this game. Either way, I want more info and I think we are going to get it, it's only a matter of time.


With the sequel of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild being delayed, there's a chance that we'll see past Zelda games that aren't on Switch yet come to Switch while we wait. In this case, one of those Zelda games would be Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. A lot of people love this game, myself included, and would love to see this game on Switch as you play this incredible game on the go. I can definitely see this happening to keep Zelda fans waiting, but only time will tell. However, hope that Nintendo does it.


Just like with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, I would love to see Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD come to Switch as we wait the arrival of the sequel of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Also a fan favorite, I can see this game also coming to Switch eventually to make Zelda fans wait. Nintendo, make this happen and I know you want to do it too, thank you.


Nintendo did mentioned in the Nintendo Direct back in February that there will be new additional content being added to Nintendo Switch Sports in the future including golf as a new sport. Since that new content for Nintendo Switch Sports is coming, I feel like Nintendo would announce an update for this game via a Nintendo Direct as they will show golf and the other potential sports that will be in the game. In addition, they'll probably add new costumes to the game as well so I'm pretty sure that if a Nintendo Direct happens, new content for Nintendo Switch Sports will be shown. I totally see it and I can see it happening.


This game is coming out this week and possibly by the time you're reading this, it's already out and despite the game already being out, Nintendo mentioned in a tweet on their Twitter account that they'll have new free content being added to the game post-launch. To me, the best way to do that is with a Nintendo Direct and with the free content being added, I see them adding new characters, fields, and costumes. Plus, where's Daisy?! I'm pretty sure Daisy is going to be one of those characters being added post-launch and if a Nintendo Direct happens, I'm pretty sure the post-content for this game will show up there. It's only a matter of time on when it's going to happen or not.


This game is coming out this month and despite Nintendo already giving out a lot of information about this game including that a demo for this game is out now, I still believe that Nintendo will showcase this game on a Nintendo Direct to remind people that this game is coming out this month. In terms of what they can that they already haven't, my guess would be another story trailer with mild gameplay footage, and reminding the audience again when this game releases. Granted, it's possible that Nintendo won't show it in the next Nintendo Direct, but I have a big feeling that it will happen and what I said earlier, will be what Nintendo will show for the game before its launch at the end of the month.


The DLC for this game is going to be released at the end of this month and even though Capcom already did a presentation on this DLC expansion, I expect Nintendo to promote this DLC on their Nintendo Direct to remind fans that the DLC for Monster Hunter Rise will be coming later this month. In terms of what they will show, probably a small recap of what was shown in the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Digital Event last month as well as the Capcom Showcase that recently happened reminding the fans that will come at the end of the month. Either way, I see Nintendo trying to hype this DLC up so players can go back to the world of Monster Hunter Rise and I can see it happening in the next Nintendo Direct when it happens. If not, definitely seeing it being showcased at the Capcom Showcase next week, but either way, we're going to see more of this game this month regardless.


This game is about to be released next month and while Nintendo and Square Enix have done a solid job promoting the game, I feel like they could promote the game a lot more than they should have so putting another focus on this game on a Nintendo Direct would be the way to go. To me, I'm really excited about this game as I heard so many amazing things about it so Nintendo and Square Enix, whether it's in a Nintendo Direct, or Square Enix Presents, I need to see more of this game, and I think we're going to get it sooner rather than later so Nintendo and Square Enix, do it!


This game is going to be released next month and despite Nintendo and Monolith Soft posting new information about this game on Twitter for the past couple of weeks, I still believe we're going to get another trailer for this game at the next Nintendo Direct. In terms of what they can show in the new trailer, basically a small recap of what they've shown on Twitter to hype the fans up once again as this to me is my anticipated game of the year and I can't wait to see more of it. I have a feeling that it's going to happen at the next Nintendo Direct and looking forward to seeing more of this game when it released next month.


This game is about to be released in three months and even though they have reveal a lot of content for the game so far, I feel like there's a lot more to this game that we aren't aware about and we'll see at the next Nintendo Direct. In terms of what they can show, the single player campaign for this game as well as possibly any new modes this game might have. Either way, this will be one of Nintendo's biggest games on the Switch this year so we'll see what else they'll have in store with this and I have a feeling we'll see it in the next Nintendo Direct.


Even though we just got a new trailer for the games recently with a released date, there's still a lot more that we don't know about the game and I feel like the best way to show what the games are all about is having these games showcased at a Nintendo Direct. Similar to what they did with Pokémon Sword and Shield at E3 2019, they'll probably show new content that wasn't in the recent trailer and will have more details on the games with a demonstration at Nintendo Treehouse Live which I also believe it will be coming as well if we do get a Nintendo Direct. 


Originally, this game was supposed to be released earlier in this year on April 8, but due to the war that is happening, which is still ongoing, it got delayed and now, we don't have a new release date for the game. I feel like if there's going to be a Nintendo Direct, we need to have a release date for this game just to let players know that this game still exists. In terms of when they can release the game, it's hard to say that the war is still going on and it will be a while until it ends, my guess is somewhere in the fall, but who knows. Either way, if a Nintendo Direct is happening, I bet this game will be on there and we'll get a release date for it.


The last time we saw any information of this game was back in E3 2021 with Ubisoft Forward and the Nintendo Direct. With this game coming out this year, I feel like it's about time to show more on what this game is all about and I can see it happening on the next Nintendo Direct. In terms of what they can show, I can see them doing another trailer with a bit story content, information on the characters the players will be playing as, and possibly an in-depth of the gameplay mechanics before showing the release date of the game. Granted, it's possible that this game might get delayed since we haven't seen it in a while, but there's still a good possibility that we'll get the game this year and we'll get that in a Nintendo Direct which I have a big feeling, it will happen.


The last time we saw any information of this game was back in the September Nintendo Direct last year so I think it's about time that we'll get more info on this game which is slated to be released this year in a Nintendo Direct. In terms of what they can show, I can see them showing a new story trailer with an in-depth of the gameplay mechanics as well as a release date of the game. Just like with Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, it's possible that this game might get delayed, but I have a feeling that it will be released this year with new information on the next Nintendo Direct.


Yes, this game is currently in re-development, but it's about three years since that re-development so I expect at least a new teaser heading into the next Nintendo Direct. Plus, after the success of Metroid Dread, people are interested in the Metroid franchise again more than ever so hey have to give us Metroid fans to satisfy us while waiting for this game, right? Right?! In addition, Retro Studios just added a new banner on their Twitter account so it has to mean something, right? Right?! Either way, I think it's time to show off Metroid Prime 4 even if it's a teaser. I can only hope so.


Oh yes, if Metroid Prime 4 is going to appear on the Nintendo Direct, that means Metroid Prime Trilogy will be ported to Switch to keep the fans waiting for Metroid Prime 4. There have been many rumors that this game exists and I'm pretty sure it does, but I think Nintendo is waiting to announce Metroid Prime 4 before revealing Metroid Prime Trilogy which is definitely a must to get new fans into the series. In terms of when I think it will be released, I can see it happening this year and if Metroid Prime 4 does show up, Metroid Prime Trilogy will follow and looking forward to that when it happens.



We haven't had an original new mainline Donkey Kong game since Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze back on the Wii U of 2014 so I believe it's about time that we get ourselves a new Donkey Kong game. Plus, with them announcing that there will be a Donkey Kong movie as well as opening up a Donkey Kong world in Universal Studios Japan, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo wants to hype the series again to get it more attention. In addition, there have been rumors since last year about a new Donkey Kong being developed by Nintendo EPD and if that's true, I believe it will be something that is not like Donkey Kong Country and something else entirely. What that might be? I don't know, but either way, I want a new Donkey Kong game and I hope we'll get it at the next Nintendo Direct.

Wants



Alright, that's all I think will happen at the next Nintendo Direct, but let's go over what I want from Nintendo. Now, these games that I want might happen, or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


Star Fox used to be one of Nintendo's biggest and popular franchises, but with the many reboots of Star Fox 64, people were tired of the series and want something new to the series and it hasn't happened. The last Star Fox game was Star Fox Zero back in 2016 and that game wasn't well received and yet another Star Fox 64 reboot which I like said, it's been overdone. However, if they can make a Star Fox game similar to Starlink: Battle for Atlas, but with more of the personality of what makes Star Fox great with its characters, I think it could be something great and new for the series so hope that Nintendo keeps that in mind and revive this series properly because it can be great again. It just needs that new vision for the franchise and hopefully, Nintendo will find that with Star Fox, but just don't see it happening at this time.





Fire Emblem is one of my favorite Japanese strategy RPG series and I would love to see another one in the future as I want that new game to be a remake of the old Fire Emblem games. In terms of which one, I want either a remake of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, or Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade for the next remake. No matter what Intelligent Systems does next for the series, that's what I want. However, with Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes on the way, I doubt we'll get the new Fire Emblem game soon, but I do expect a trailer for it and hoping that it happens in the next Nintendo Direct, but we'll see.


Just like with Donkey Kong, we haven't had an original new mainline Pikmin game since Pikmin 3 back on the Wii U of 2013 so I believe it's time that we got ourselves a new Pikmin game. Yes, I'm talking about Pikmin 4 where many years ago, Shigeru Miyamoto said it's almost finished, but never came to be. However, with the success of Pikmin 3 Deluxe on Switch, I believe that Pikmin 4 will happen. Will it happen this year? Doubt it, but I can hope so.


The last F-Zero game we got was F-Zero GX on the GameCube back in 2003. It's been nineteen years since we last got a F-Zero game and I just want one dang it! I don't care if it's a port, a remaster, a remake, or a new game, I don't care, just give me F-Zero again Nintendo! Thank you.


The last Kid Icarus game we got was Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo 3DS back in 2012. It's been ten years since we last got a Kid Icarus and it took about twenty-five years to get a new Kid Icarus game in Kid Icarus: Uprising so I hope we get a new Kid Icarus game, but I just don't see it happening. I can dream though. Especially with the 3DS eShop closing down, I really hope that either a remaster of Kid Icarus: Uprising comes to Switch, or a new game because this series has potential to be big for Nintendo and it just needs that chance. Do it Nintendo! Thank you.


The last Golden Sun game we got was Golden Sun: Dark Dawn back on the Nintendo DS back in 2010. Another JRPG series being left in the dust and I would love to see this series return, but I just don't see it happening. I can dream though and hope one day, it makes a comeback.


The last game we got for this series was back in 2015 with Rhythm Heaven Megamix as this is a fun series from Nintendo that can bring people together even with non-gamers. Would love to see a new game for this series or even a port of an old game to come to Switch because Rhythm Heaven is fun and would like more people to play this series. So Nintendo, give us Rhythm Heaven! Thank you.


Yep, I want this game to finally be localized in the West. With so many people wanting this game to be released outside of Japan, including me, it needs to happen and I will keep predicting this until it happens, or until the day I died! So please Nintendo, give us Mother 3! Probably won't happen, but please!


Well, those are my predictions for Nintendo in Summer Game Fest time. 

What do you think Nintendo will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Nintendo to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me knows in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts