Gaming Influence: Thoughts - Indie World Showcase 11.9.2022

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll give my thoughts on the Indie World Showcase on November 9, 2022.

Before I start, not every game that was shown in this presentation will be talked about as I will mainly talk about games that I care about and am interested in. If the games that you care about and are interested in don't show up here, don't take it personally, have nothing against the games, but they're not just for me or it's just I don't have much to say about them except cool. However, if you are happy with the games that you care about and are interested in that I'm not or nothing to say about it, good for you and I'm happy for you.

Anyway, let's get started!



This edition of Indie World, it will cover indie games that will come out on Switch later this year and next year. 

Let's get to it!


GOODBYE WORLD is a narrative adventure game developed by YO FUJII and published by Isolation Studios as it will be coming to Switch later this month.

There was a showcase for this game back in Summer Game Fest with the Day of the Devs segment as this game got my interest due to video game development which I find fascinating. Really have an interest in this game and we'll see how it turns out when it releases next month.


Have a Nice Death is a 2D action roguelike game developed by Magic Design Studios and published by Gearbox Publishing as it will be coming to Switch on March 22, 2023.

I remember seeing this game back in the Game Awards last year and this game definitely had my interest as it reminded me a lot of Hollow Knight. I also heard this game was pretty good as well as I never had a chance to play it when it came out on PC. However, I got another chance to play this game when it comes out on Switch early next year so looking forward to it. Though, speaking of Hollow Knight, where is Hollow Knight: Silksong?!, Not the time for it? Fine...


Aka is an adventure game developed by Cosmo Gatto and published by Neowiz Games as it will be coming to Switch on December 18, 2022.

This looks to be a fun open-world adventure game that looks relaxing in terms of its graphics, environments, and characters which is cool to see. Definitely have an interest in this game and looking forward to seeing how this game will turn out as it comes out next month.


Pepper Grinder is an action-adventure game developed by Ahr Ech and published by Devolver Digital as it will be coming to Switch next year.

Man, this game actually looks awesome as it seems to be a Metroidvania game and I do like my Metroidvania games so this game might be up my alley. Plus, the art style looks cool, and the weapons the game use for the character look fun to play as well. Hope to see more of this game down the line when it comes out next year.


Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly is the sequel to the coffee brewing and heart-to-heart talk simulator game developed by Toge Productions and published by Chorus Worldwide, Coffee Talk, as it will be released on Switch in Spring 2023. 

Wow, didn't expect a sequel to this game as the first game was fun as it was an enjoyable simulation game with fun characters to interact with and so forth. It's awesome that it's getting a sequel and I'm interested to see how this game will turn out as it will be coming to Switch next year.


Desta: The Memories Between is a roguelike tactical strategy game developed and published by Ustwo as it will be coming to Switch early next year.

Just like with GOODBYE WORLD, this was another game that was showcased at Summer Game Fest in the Day of the Devs segment as it's basically a tactical strategy on dodgeball which I find intriguing. Granted, heard that the game has issues on PC, but will still give the game a try to see how it turns out and will probably do that on Switch when it comes on Switch early next year.


A Space for the Unbound is a slice-of-life adventure game developed by Mojiken and published by Chorus Worldwide as it will be coming to Switch on January 19, 2023.

This game just screams anime to me with high school students going through normal school life, but having supernatural powers?! Count me in! In all seriousness, the game does look good and the story seems interesting as well so definitely going to check this game out when it comes to Switch early next year.


Dordogne is a narrative adventure game developed by UMANIMATION and published by Focus Entertainment as it will be coming to Switch in Spring 2023.

This looks to be an interesting game that has a mysterious story behind it which I like as I do enjoy my mysteries so at least the story has my interest. Not only that, this game has a photo mode which makes it even better. Hope to see more of this game when it comes out on Switch early next year.


Once Upon a Jester is an adventure game developed by Bonte Avond and published by Crunching Koalas as it's available now on Switch.

A game based on making your own theatrical act show? Sounds good to me as it seems like you can make it serious or funny so the options are endless here which kind of makes this game interesting and intriguing. With this game now available, definitely going to try the game out when I have the chance to do so.


Rogue Legacy 2 is the sequel to the platformer developed and published by Cellar Door Games, Rogue Legacy as it's now available on Switch.

Oh snap, there's an actual sequel to Rogue Legacy that I never knew about?! What the heck?! This caught me off guard as I do enjoy the first game so I expect to enjoy this game as well as it's now available which I need to check out asap! In all seriousness, great to see this game exists and that it's coming to Switch and I can't wait to try it once I have the time to do so.


Blanc is an artistic cooperative adventure game developed by Casus Ludi and published by Gearbox Publishing as it's coming to Switch on February 14, 2023.

When I first saw this game back in the Nintendo Direct Mini in June, I really like the art style of this game and this still holds true after seeing this new trailer which I'm sold by. This looks to be a fun adventure game and I'm intrigued by how this game will turn out when it comes out early next year on Switch.


WrestleQuest is a pro wrestling and role-playing fantasy game developed by Mega Cat Studios and published by Skybound Games as it's coming to Switch on May 2023.

Okay, I didn't even know this game even existed, but this game looks to be a lot of fun and a nice callback to the Golden Era of WWE with stars like Andre The Giant and Sgt. Slaughter appears as cameos which are quite cool. This game definitely has my interest and would want to try it out when it comes to Switch next year.


WORLD OF HORROR is a role-playing game developed by Panstasz and published by Ysbryd Games as it will be coming to Switch in Summer 2023.

Dang, this game looks awesome as heck. Not only that, this game looks creepy as heck as well as it's almost disturbing at points. This game definitely has my interest and I want to see how this game turns out when it releases on Switch next year.


Curse of the Sea Rats is a platformer adventure game developed by Petoons Studios and published by PQube as it will be coming to Switch in early 2023.

Man, this game looks awesome and I really love the art style and the animation with the cutscenes looks sick. It looks to be a fun Metroidvania game as well as it has my interest for sure as I definitely want to give this game a shot when it comes to Switch early next year.


Inscryption is a roguelike deck-building game developed and published by Daniel Mullins Games as it will be coming to Switch on December 1, 2022.

Oh my god, yes! This game is finally coming to Switch which is great to see I enjoyed playing this game on PC last year as it's definitely a really amazing indie game based on cards. So if you're into deck-building games, I would recommend checking this game out if you haven't already as it's incredible as it will come to Switch next month. You won't be disappointed.


A Little to the Left is a tidy puzzle game developed by Max Inferno and published by Secret Mode as it's available now on Switch.

Just like with GOODBYE WORLD and Destia: The Memories Between, this was another game that was showcased at Summer Game Fest with the Day of the Devs segment as it looks to be a chill and cozy puzzle game where the cat in the game annoys you for trying to ruin everything you are organizing which will cause major OCD for people including myself. However, this looks to be fun and you can pet the cat which is an instant good game already so it got that going. Either way, looking forward to playing this game once I get the chance as it's now available on Switch.


Sports Story is a sports role-playing game developed and published by Sidebar Games and it will be coming to Switch in December 2022.

Oh my god, finally, after at least a year of no news about this game, it's finally coming out and it's coming out next month! Heck freaking yes! I love Golf Story and this game looks to expand on just golf, but other sports as well which looks like a lot of fun where they also add other features as well. The wait was worth it as it looks awesome and I can't wait to play it as it comes out on Switch next month.

Overall, this was a good presentation from Nintendo. As usual, they tend to show a lot of variety in terms of genres here as there's something for everyone and I appreciate it. I continue to love seeing Nintendo support indie games as much as they are and I hope they continue to do so in the years to come. However, still no Hollow Knight: Silksong... Though, we got Sports Story finally so that's something. I guess we'll just wait for more Hollow Knight: Silksong news next time. Other than that, a good presentation and showcase for independent games here.

You can watch the full Indie World yourself with the link below:



What are your thoughts on the Indie World?

What were your highlights and what games do you really want?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts