Gaming Influence: Thoughts - The Super Mario Bros. Movie Direct 11.29.2022 (Second Trailer)

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my thoughts on the second trailer of The Super Mario Bros. Movie with the Direct that happened on November 29, 2022. 

Anyway, let's get started!


For this Nintendo Direct, it will mainly focus on The Super Mario Bros. Movie so let me give my thoughts on the trailer overall.

I just have to say that this trailer here was a lot better than the first trailer and it makes me want to see it even more. I love the fact that there were so many easter eggs in this movie which is incredible including the history of Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, the Yoshis, the Tanooki Suit, and Mario Kart. I also like the fact that we got to hear Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach as well as Charlie Day as Luigi as I felt that both of them nailed their characters perfectly from the games which I appreciate. I have to say that Peach in this movie is looking more bad*ss compared to the games which is their interpretation of Peach where I'm interested to see where they can take it from here. In addition, the design for Donkey Kong is taken back to his original form back in the arcades which is a little touch which I enjoy.

In terms of any downsides, not much expect that I'm still getting used to Chris Pratt as Mario, but definitely grown into it a lot more and his "Wa-hoo!" isn't bad at all so at least he's trying so I'll give him that. In addition, would like to hear Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong here where he didn't speak at all which is kind of a shame. However, I have a feeling that he will talk in the movie and I'm intrigued on how he'll speak, but wished it happened here though.

Other than that, I'm more hyped on this movie than I did with the first trailer which is a great thing and even if the movie turns out to be bad, I think it will still be fun in some capacity, but at least to me, they nailed it in terms of animation and voice acting for the most part so good on Nintendo and Illumination here.

Overall, this was a great presentation from Nintendo. This trailer is so much better than the first one in my opinion as they managed to showcase more of the characters like Luigi and Peach which I appreciate. Plus, all the references they made in this movie is spectacular. Also, I feel like Anya Taylor-Joy and Seth Rogen did their introductions well like Jack Black did in their last direct and a lot better than Chris Pratt in my opinion. In addition, nice to see Shigeru Miyamoto and Chris Meledandri to hype up the movie like the last direct so that was nice to see. Even though there were some things that I wanted to see and hear from this trailer, it definitely delivered and I'm excited to see this movie which comes out in theatres on April 7, 2023.

You can watch the full Super Mario Bros. Movie Direct yourself with the link below:


What are your thoughts on the Super Mario Bros. Movie Direct?

Does this make me you more or less excited about the movie?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts