Gaming Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Video Games In 2023

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be ranking my most anticipated video games in 2023.

Before I start, my rankings will only be based on games that are announced that are going to be released in 2023 which include new original games, remakes, remasters, and ports with additional content that wasn't in the original game. My rankings will not include re-releases on other consoles (Ex. Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable on Switch) as well as DLC. In addition, if there are any games in 2023 that aren't listed on my rankings, it just means I have no interest in it or forgot about it so keep that in mind.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I start the actual rankings, here are some honorable mentions that I am interested in, but didn't make it on the list:

Honorable Mentions: Exoprimal, Eternights, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Ark II, Minecraft Legends, Diablo IV, Ravenlok, COCOON, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Lorelei and The Laser Eyes, Super Bomberman R 2, Blanc, The Lords of the Fallen, Dead Island 2, Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, Front Mission 2, STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life, THREATRHYTHM FINAL BAR LINE, Rune Factory 3 Special, Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key, After Us, STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor, Crash Team Rumble

Okay, time for the opening. Starting off my most anticipated video games in 2023 with #20:



Hogwarts Legacy is an action role-playing game developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment where it will be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, and Switch, on February 10, 2023.

Despite the author of the book series is a transphobe, the game is done by someone else and it does look amazing for what it is. Granted, I don't know if this game will deliver, but from everything I've seen so far in terms of graphics and gameplay, it looks like it has a lot of potential. We'll see how this game turns out when it's released next month.

Next, here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #19:



Tales of Symphonia Remastered is a remaster of the action role-playing game that was released on GameCube back in 2003 in Japan and in 2004 in North American and Europe, as it was developed by Bandai Namco. The game will be released on Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, on February 17, 2023.

I loved this game when playing it on the GameCube as it’s one of the best JRPGs in its generation in my opinion. In addition, to me, this is one of the best Tales games in the series so I’m glad to see this game being remastered for modern consoles. If you like JRPGs and want to get into the Tales series, Tales of Symphonia Remastered is a great game to start with and looking forward to replaying this game again next month.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #18:



The Last Case of Benedict Fox is a gothic 2.5D narrative action-adventure game developed by Plot Twist and published by Rogue Games Inc. The game is set to be released on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC, in Spring 2023.

This was one of the games that were shown in the Xbox + Bethesda Showcase during Summer Game Fest last year and it looked pretty good. I’m digging the art style of the game and the story seems quite interesting as well from what I’ve seen. Hope to see more of this game when it comes out later this spring.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #17:



Blue Protocol is a free-to-play online action role-playing game developed by Bandai Namco and published by Amazon Game Studios as it will be coming to PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC in 2023.

This game was showcased back at the 2022 Game Awards last month and this game was rumored to be made for a while as the final result is looking pretty good so far. I don’t know if the game will deliver or not, but I’m intrigued and we’ll see how the game turns out when it’s released later this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #16:



Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is a remake of the platformer developed by HAL Laboratory that was released on Wii back in 2011, as it will be coming to Switch on February 24, 2022.

I enjoyed the original game back on the Wii so great to see this game being remade on modern consoles. I like the addition of the mini-games and this definitely looks to be the definitive edition of Kirby’s Return to Dream Land so if you haven’t played this game before, I would recommend checking the game out as I’m looking forward to replaying it next month.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #15:



Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demons is the origin story of the popular action-adventure game series developed by PlatinumGames, Bayonetta, as it will be coming to Switch on March 17, 2023.

When this game was first announced back at the 2022 Game Awards, it caught me off guard as I didn’t expect a spin-off game for the Bayonetta series. However, the Bayonetta series is growing in terms of popularity and success so it was only a matter of time before a spin-off game was made, but it was quicker than expected. Either way, it looks great and different and we’ll see how the game is when it’s released in two months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #14:



Lies of P is an action role-playing game developed and published by Neowiz Games as it will be released on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC in 2023.

After actually seeing gameplay for this game back at Gamescom Opening Night Live last year, this actually looks pretty good as it seems to be a Soulslike game based on Pinnochio with dark elements to it which I'm very intrigued by. Hope to see more of this game and I can't wait to play it when it comes out later this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #13:



Like A Dragon: Ishin! is a remake of the same name that was released exclusivity in Japan for PS3 and PS4 in 2014 as it will be released in the West for PS4 and PS5 in February 2023.

This game was announced back at the PlayStation State of Play last September and it’s one of the Yakuza/Like A Dragon that came out in the West. However, next month, the people in the West will finally play it for the first time and it looks to be Yakuza/Like A Dragon, but playing as a samurai which looks awesome. Looking forward to playing this game in two months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #12:



Master Detective Archives: Rain Code is an adventure game developed by Too Kyo Games and published by Spike Chunsoft as it will be coming to Switch in Spring 2023.

This game was announced back at a Nintendo Direct in September of last year as it was a nice surprise to me. This game basically is Danganronpa with action elements in the game which is quite unique. Hope to see more of this game and I can’t wait to play it as it’s released this spring.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #11:



Pikmin 4 is the next game in the popular real-time strategy and puzzle game series developed and published by Nintendo, Pikmin, as it will be released in 2023.

After seven years of hearing that the development for this game is going well which was said by Shigeru Miyamoto in an interview he did back in 2015, the game is actually real and will be coming out this year. It’s about time. Granted, we haven’t seen much of the game except a picture where it looks like you’ll play from the perspective of a Pikmin which is definitely different for the franchise. Very curious about how this game will play out and I’m glad that it’s finally coming.

Now, here are my top ten most anticipated video games of 2023 starting with #10:



Starfield is an action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks as it will be coming to Xbox Series X and PC in 2023.

After this game was announced back at E3 2018, it looks like the game will finally be out this year and from what we’ve seen so far, it looks pretty good. We’ll see if the delay for the game will actually make this game great once it’s released later this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #9:



Resident Evil 4 is a reimaging of the original Resident Evil 4 game on the GameCube back in 2005 as it will be released on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC on March 24, 2023.

I love the original game back on the GameCube and eighteen years later, we’re going to get a reimagining of the game and so far, it does look amazing. Granted, I don’t know if it’ll be as amazing as the original game, but as long as it’s doing its own thing while still keeping true to the original similar to Final Fantasy VII Remake, we should be good.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #8:



Stellar Blade is an action game developed and published by SHIFT UP Corporation as it will be released on PS5 in 2023.

This game was revealed back in PS5 Showcase in 2021 and we got another look at the game at the last PlayStation State of Play last September as this game continues to look amazing. This game to me still looks like a mix of Bayonetta and NieR into one which I'm down for as it'll be coming this year and I can't wait to experience it.

Here's my most anticipated video game in 2023 at #7:




Street Fighter 6 is the next installment of the popular fighting game franchise developed by Capcom, Street Fighter, as it will be coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC, on June 2, 2023.

From what I've seen with this game so far, it looks like it has the potential to be great at launch which is something that Street Fighter V failed to do when it first launched. Everything about this game so far is clicking in terms of the character roster and gameplay mechanics so as long as it delivers at launch day, we should be good.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #6:



Octopath Traveler II is the sequel of the role-playing game developed by Square Enix, Octopath Traveler, as it will be released on Switch, PS5, PS4, and PC on February 24, 2023.

I love the first game with Octopath Traveler back in 2018 on Switch as I didn't expect we get a sequel to this game, but here we are. It looks like the game is improving from the first game so far with interacting stories which is something that didn't happen in the first game which I appreciate and the beautiful HD-2D art continues to stun me with its beauty. I'm looking forward to playing this when it comes out next month.

Now, we're in the top five. Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #5:



Forspoken is an action role-playing game developed by Luminous Productions and published by Square Enix, it will be released on PS5 on January 24, 2023.

This game was first shown back at the PS5 Showcase in 2020 and after being delayed multiple times, the game will finally be released this year. This game was on my radar for a long time and it looks to deliver in every single way. Despite the demo being okay in my opinion in terms of how they structured it, the gameplay is a lot of fun and I really hope this game delivers when it's released in a few weeks.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2023 at #4:



Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon is the next mainline game of the mecha-based video game series developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco, Armored Core, where its last game Armored Core V on the PS3 and Xbox 360 back in 2012. The game is set to be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in 2023.

I never thought that Armored Core would come back, but it has as it'll be coming out this year as well. With the success that FromSoftware has been for the past decade, I have a feeling that Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon is going to deliver big time. Can't wait to see how this game will turn out and see more of it later this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game in 2023 at #3:




Fire Emblem Engage is the next mainline game in the popular fantasy tactical role-playing game series developed by Intelligent Systems, Fire Emblem, as the game is set to be released on January 20, 2023.

I've been a huge Fire Emblem fan for about two decades now and Fire Emblem Engage, it looks to bring back the traditional elements of Fire Emblem while adding new mechanics to it which makes the experience a lot more interesting than expected. I'm loving the character designs so far even if the protagonist's design is a bit weird, but it kind of works at the same time, battle animations look smooth, and you can get to have past Fire Emblem characters to be in this game too which is nice to see. Looking forward to playing this game when it comes out in a few weeks.

Here's my most anticipated video game in 2023 at #2:



Final Fantasy XVI is the next installment of the popular Japanese role-playing game series developed by Square Enix, Final Fantasy, as it will be released on June 22, 2023, on PS5.

This game was showcased back in the PS5 Showcase in 2020 and we finally got a release date for it as it'll be coming out this summer. Everything we've seen so far with this game looks to be amazing in terms of story, graphics, gameplay, and music. As long as it delivers, this might be the best mainline  Final Fantasy game excluding Final Fantasy VII Remake series in a while so hoping it delivers and I can't wait to play it this summer.

Finally, here's my most anticipated video game in 2023 at #1:



The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the sequel to the popular action-adventure game developed by Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, as it will be released on Switch on May 12, 2023.

We've been waiting four years since this game was announced back at the E3 2019 Nintendo Direct and we finally got a release date as it'll be coming out in four months. Despite not seeing a lot of this game, it looks to be darker in terms of the story similar to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask which I'm down for. In addition, it seems like you can explore the sky which looks to be incredible. If it's anything like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but improved everything that was lacking from it including a focused story in the game as well as better dungeons and so forth, this will be an absolutely amazing game. Just have to wait four more months to experience it.

Those are my most anticipated video games in 2023.

What are your most anticipated video games in 2023?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts