Gaming Influence: Rankings - Japanese Exclusives to the West (Nintendo - 2023 Edition)

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I will be doing something different as I will be ranking which Japanese exclusives should be coming to the West from a particular Japanese video game company.

Which Japanese video game company I am referring to? I am referring to Nintendo.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I do my rankings, for those who are wondering, what is Nintendo? Nintendo is a Japanese multinational video game company headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. They are well for certain Japanese video game franchises such as Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, etc. Even though a lot of their games/franchises have to come to the West, there are still some Japanese-exclusive games from Nintendo that have not come to the West at this current time which I will be discussing in this article/editorial.

When discussing which Japanese exclusives from Nintendo I want to come to the West, this will only focus on first-party Japanese exclusive Nintendo games so don't expect third-party Japanese exclusive Nintendo games on this list so keep that in mind.

Anyway, let's get started!  

Here are my honorable mentions of Japanese exclusives from Nintendo that I want to come to the West that didn't make it on my list:

Honorable Mentions: Donkey Konga 3, F-Zero Climax, Mario's Super Picross, O-Chan no Oekaki Logic, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Advance! Fire Adventure Team, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Go! Storm Adventure Team, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Aim! Light Adventure Team, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Game Boy Wars, Eggerland: Revival of the Labyrinth, Eggerland: Departure to Creation, Eggerland Episode 0: Quest of Lala, Mario Artist, X, Sennen Kazoku, Giftpia, Project Hacker: Kakusei, Chōsōjū Mecha MG, Kurikin Nano Island Story, Sujin Taisen: Number Battles, Slide Adventure MAGKID, Tsukutte Utau: Saru Band, Takt of Magic, Zangeki no Reginleiv, And-Kensaku, Kiki Trick

Now, let's start with my #20 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat is a tactical role-playing game developed by Mistwalker and Racjin and published by Nintendo as it was exclusively released in Japan on Nintendo DS on October 4, 2007.

After seeing the spirit of Aisya in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I was very curious about what this game was about, and the fact that this game is a strategy game is something that I'm interested in.


With the popularity and growth of strategy games, I felt like this game could do well if it got released in the West, but during its time, it was still a niche/obscure genre so I expect that the game to not sell well if it came to the West.


According to people that played the game, it's very mixed among players where they find the gameplay unique compared to other strategy games as well as having a very interesting story, but everything else could use work in terms of battle layout and controls of the game. I feel like if this game was remade to have better gameplay controls and layout, it would've done a lot better. As much as I would love this game to be localized in the West, with its mixed reception, they have to do a remake of this game to fix a lot of problems the game originally had that would appeal to players in the West.

Here's my #19 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori (Famicom Book Collection: The Forest of Beginnings) is a text-based adventure game developed by Pax Softnica and published by Nintendo as it was released on the Super Famicom exclusively in Japan on July 1, 1999.

When I saw the spirit of the Girl of Hajimari no Mori (her actual name, Komurasaki, how dare you that you forget her name Nintendo!) in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I was very curious about what this game is about and it turns out to be another adventure type of visual novel.


If this game was released as it is today, I don't think it'll work out as well due to the gameplay style even for visual novels being outdated. However, releasing the game as it is with a translation and localization would gather interest, at least for me, looking back at the history of Nintendo with their old games. This is one of them as it's definitely unique in terms of other visual novels out there.


Even though I personally don't see this game coming to the West, if it did, it needs a full remake from the ground up and they should probably make it similar to the remake of the Famicom Detective Club games which I think would be great if they went in that direction. Only time will tell if they go that route, but would personally hope for a future remake of this game down the line.

Here's my #18 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki is a text-based adventure game developed and published by Nintendo which was released exclusively in Japan on October 14, 1989.

Due to seeing a spirit of them in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had an interest in this game as it looks to be another visual novel game similar to Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori as it's an adventure type of visual novel compared to a mystery puzzle solving type visual novel like Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Danganronpa, etc.


Just like with Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori, if this game was released as it is today, I don't think it'll work out as well due to the gameplay style even for visual novels being outdated. However, releasing the game as it is with a translation and localization would gather interest, at least for me, looking back at the history of Nintendo with their old games. This is one of them as it's definitely unique in terms of other visual novels out there.


Just like with Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori, I personally don't see this game coming to the West, if it did, it needs a full remake from the ground up and they should probably make it similar to the remake of the Famicom Detective Club games which I think would be great if they went in that direction. Only time will tell if they go that route, but would personally hope for a future remake of this game down the line.

Here's my #17 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Famicom Mukashibanashi: Shin Onigashima is an adventure game developed and published by Nintendo as it was released on the Famicom exclusively in Japan on September 4, 1987.  

This was another game that got my interest for a while ever since I saw the trophy of Donbe and Hikari in Super Smash Bros. Melee as it looks to be a visual novel similar to Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Danganronpa, etc., but more of an adventure type rather than a mystery or puzzle solving type of game.


Just like with Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori and Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki, if this game was released as it is today, I think it will work out better due to the gameplay style even for visual novels needing to be updated. However, releasing the game as it is with a translation and localization would gather interest, at least for me, looking back at the history of Nintendo with their old games. This is one of them as it's definitely unique in terms of other visual novels out there.


I am a broken record at this point, but just like with Famicom Bunko: Hajimari no Mori and Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki, I personally don't see this game coming to the West. However, if it did, it needs a full remake from the ground up and they should probably make it similar to the remake of the Famicom Detective Club games which I think would be great if they went in that direction. Only time will tell if they go that route, but would personally hope for a future remake of this game down the line.

Here's my #16 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Captain Rainbow is an action-adventure game developed by Skip Ltd. and published by Nintendo that was exclusively released in Japan on Wii on August 26, 2008.

When this game first came out back in its time, a lot of people want this game to be released in the West due to its easter eggs and crossovers with other Nintendo properties which is something that Nintendo doesn't do often and the fact that they did a game like this is surprising.


This game might not be for everyone, but it's a fun game that really surprised me when I first played it. The game is so bizarre and unexpected that I didn't expect Nintendo would do something like this, but they did and it was cool. The gameplay was very unique for this game as well which I appreciate and it stands out from other Nintendo games too. 


There's a reason why this game probably didn't get localized because a lot of this game does have Nintendo characters that are exclusive to Japan that a lot of Western fans won't know or care about so that's an unfortunate thing. As much as I would love this game to be localized in the West, I just don't see it happening.

Here's my #15 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Daigasso! Band Brothers is a music video game developed and published by Nintendo as it was released exclusively in Japan on Nintendo DS on December 2, 2004.

When I saw Barbara The Bat as an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I had an interest in where this character originated from, and looking into it, this game looks to be fun as it's basically a music video game.


I was very surprised that this game didn't release in the West because there was a time in the mid-2000s when music video games were really popular like Guitar Hero so I feel like this game would have made some impact if it was released in the West during that era.


With the decline of music games for the past decades, I don't see this game ever getting localized in the West. I would love to see this game come to the West just because it adds more to the history of Nintendo and what other games they made and we also don't get a lot of music games nowadays so the more, the merrier.

Here's my #14 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Sutte Hakkun is an action-puzzle game developed and published by Nintendo that was exclusively released in Japan on Super Famicom on November 2, 1997.

When I saw the spirit of Hakkun in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I was curious to see what this character is from and the game that they originate from.



After looking gameplay for this game, the game looks to be quite fun due to its puzzle challenges as I believe it would do well if it was released in the West. In a way, this game reminds me of BoxBoy in some ways in terms of puzzle-solving and challenges.

As of right now besides fan translation and emulation, this game is not available on modern consoles as it's stuck on the Super Famicom. I can see this game coming to Nintendo Switch Online on the Super Famicom app in Japan, but other than that, I don't see it coming to the West as puzzle games are not really that popular worldwide and the fanbase for these games is pretty niche. However, I would love to see this game get localized in the West, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Here's my #13 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Famicom Wars is a war game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo that was only released exclusively in Japan on the Famicom on August 12, 1988.

This game is pretty much similar to Advance Wars where this game is the origin of what became of Advance Wars in the future. Without this game, there would be no Advance Wars to begin with.


With the resurgence of the recent remake of the Advance Wars 1 + 2: ReBoot Camp, I feel like if this game came out today, it would get a lot of people interested in the game on seeing where the Advance Wars series started from as it all started with Famicom Wars.

At this time besides a fan translation and emulation, this game is not available on modern consoles as it's stuck on the Famicom. I personally don't see this game coming to the West anytime soon as we got Advance Wars making a comeback, but I do see this game possibly coming to the Nintendo Switch Online in Japan with the Famicom app down the line. As much as I would love to see Famicom Wars get localized in the West, I don't see it happening. However, would love to see it just for the history of the Wars series and how it evolves over time.

Here's my #12 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Marvelous Mōhitotsu no Takarajima or Marvelous: Another Treasure Island in English is an adventure role-playing game developed and published by Nintendo as it came out on Super Famicom exclusively in Japan on October 26, 1996.

Due to seeing them as a spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had an interest in this game as it looks to be a combination of classic 2D Zelda and an adventure game similar to the Monkey Island series into one which looks to be a lot of fun as it's something that Nintendo does not do a lot back then so seeing them do a game like this is impressive.


I'm very surprised that a game like this hasn't been localized here in the West as I believe this game would have done quite well if it got released in the West. However, just like every other SNES game that never got localized here, it never got localized which is a shame as I felt like it could've gone well if it was released in the West.


Just like with Sutte Hakkun, besides fan translation and emulation, this game is not available on modern consoles as it's stuck on the Super Famicom. I do see the game possibly coming to Nintendo Switch Online in Japan for the Super Famicom app in the future, but an actual localization of the game in the West is very unlikely. Despite that, I would love this game to be localized in the West, but I just don't see it happening.

Here's my #11 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Dōbutsu no Mori or Animal Forest in the West is a life simulation game developed and published by Nintendo as it was released exclusively in Japan on Nintendo 64 on April 14, 2001. 

This is pretty much the first Animal Crossing game that never came outside of Japan as this is the game that started the Animal Crossing series which became a huge phenomenon today.


Even though there's no point in going back to this game since the next game within the franchise enhanced it in every single way, I wouldn't mind seeing it being released in the West to show the history of where this franchise originated and it all started with this game here.


Personally, I don't see this game coming to the West. Similar to Rhythm Tengoku, we already got a better version of Animal Crossing which is basically the GameCube version. However, just like with Rhytmn Tengoku, would love to see how the series started with the first game and how the series evolved from there. Like I said, don't see it happening, but would love to see this game come to the West to see how Animal Crossing evolved and become the phenomenon it is today.

Now, we're in the top ten. Here's my #10 Japanese exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West: 





Rhythm Tengoku (Rhythm Heaven) is a Japanese rhythm game developed and published by Nintendo. The game was released exclusively in Japan on GameBoy Advance on August 3, 2006.

As you can tell by the translation of this game's title, yes, this is the first Rhythm Heaven game in the series and the only game in the series that hasn't been released outside of Japan.


With this being the first game in the series, it was pretty much a prototype of the potential games we get down the line. The minigames are there, the rhythm-based gameplay is there, and the personality of the characters showcased in this game is also there too which we all love from the Rhythm Heaven series. 


Personally, just like with Dōbutsu no Mori, I don't see this game coming to the West due to the West getting the other Rhythm Heaven games. However, I would love to see it be localized in the West due to seeing the history of how the series involved over time. Other than that, don't see this game ever coming to the West, but would love to see it come to the West for the history and evolution of the Rhythm Heaven series.

Here's my #9 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is a rhythm game series developed by iNiS Corporation and published by Nintendo.

This is pretty much the Japanese version of Elite Beat Agents and I'm surprised that we didn't get this originally as we got Elite Beat Agents in the West instead. Regardless, there are two games within this series that have not been localized in the West which includes the first Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and the sequel, Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2. 

As much as I would love both games to be localized in the West, I have to pick one from the two and if I have to choose one, it would be the sequel of the Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2.





As I mentioned earlier, I'm surprised that this game didn't release in the West as I feel like it would have made the same impact as Elite Beat Agents did. This is pretty much similar to Rhythm Heaven in terms of the rhythm-based gameplay and the characters in this game are so expressive and full of personality that I feel like it would translate well to Western audiences.


I don't expect this series to come to the West anytime soon because the West has Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agent for rhythm-based games. As I said, it's a shame that this series won't come to the West due to seeing the personality and charm this series has which is unfortunate. Either way, I would love this series to come to the West, but don't see it happening.

Here's my #8 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Joy Mech Fight is a fighting game developed and published by Nintendo where it was released on the Famicom exclusively in Japan on May 21, 1993.

Ever since I see Sukapon as an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I also had an interest in this game as I've heard of Joy Mech Fight and after seeing gameplay of it myself, it seems to be a fun fighting game that could get crazy at times, but that would what makes the game interesting to me.


This game is currently on Japan's Nintendo Switch Online which is great if people don't care about reading the text and just do the gameplay since it's a fighting game after all which doesn't require any knowledge of Japanese at all unless you want to do specific combos. 


I feel like if it was released during its time, I feel like it would've done well since fighting games were on the rise during that time, but the fact that they didn't surprise me. Granted, I feel like if this game ever comes to the West, it needs to be remade for casual and hardcore fighting game players alike in terms of controls. With the rise of fighting games as of late, a comeback for Joy Mech Fight would be cool, but I expect Nintendo to just stick with Super Smash Bros. as their fighting game franchise with ARMS possibly joining in that fray, but only time will tell.

Here's my #7 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Densetsu no Stafy is a platformer series developed by Tose and published by Nintendo.

When I saw Stafy or Starfy in the West as an assist trophy for Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, I had a curiosity for the franchise as well as the character to see what they were all about. This is pretty much a platformer series that is similar to games like Super Mario and Kirby specifically. 

There are four games within this franchise that haven't been released outside of the West which includes Densetsu no Stafy, Densetsu no Stafy 2, Densetsu no Stafy 3, and Densetsu no Stafy 4. As much as I want all of the games to be localized in the West, only one can be chosen from my list here. If I have to choose one, it would be the third game of the series, Densetsu no Stafy 3.





Pretty much this game is the best game within the series due to its beautiful graphics on the GBA during its time and it has a pretty good soundtrack from players who played it.

I was surprised that this game didn't get released outside of Japan since it was a platformer as platformers tend to be popular in the West. I feel like this game would have done well if it was released in the West, but at the same time, platformers were kind of oversaturated during that time so this game would have been lost in the shuffle as it was released in the West.


As of right now besides a fan translation and emulation, there's no way to play this game on modern consoles as it's stuck only on GBA. It's possible that this game might be coming to Nintendo Switch Online on the GBA app in Japan only in the future, but other than that, don't really see Nintendo trying to re-release this game or any Densetsu no Stafy game for that matter in the West anytime soon. Granted, there was The Legendary Starfy which is basically the fifth game in the series that was released in the West, but the sales on that game didn't do well so I don't expect The Legendary Starfy to come back to the West anytime soon. Either way, I would love to see this series back in the West, but I don't see it at this time.

Here's my #6 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Tomato Adventure is a role-playing game developed by AlphaDream and published by Nintendo. This game was released exclusively in Japan on the GameBoy Advance on January 25, 2002.

After seeing the spirit of DeMille in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had to look into what this character is from and what the game they're from is about. After looking into it and seeing that this game is made by AlphaDream, the same team who developed the Mario + Luigi series, the game is pretty much almost one-to-one with those games which is pretty cool to see.


I was surprised that this game didn't come out to the West due to the similar gameplay and aesthetic that the Mario + Luigi games had as this game was the predecessor to those games. Granted, if it was released as it is, it wouldn't have sold well due to its name and unfamiliarity whereas Mario + Luigi has a huge name recognition and would sell more than Tomato Adventure because of name value alone.


Just like with Densetsu no Stafy, besides a fan translation and emulation, there's no way to play this game on modern consoles as it's stuck only on GBA. It's possible that this game might be coming to Nintendo Switch Online on the GBA app in Japan only in the future, but other than that, don't really see Nintendo trying to re-release this game in any fashion in the West anytime soon. Due to Mario + Luigi being more recognizable, it's going to stay like that which is a shame as Tomato Adventure seems to be great in its own right. Maybe one day we'll see this game comes to modern consoles, but in terms of localization of the game in the West, don't expect it.

Now, we're in the top five. Here's my #5 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Magical Vacation is a role-playing game developed by Brownie Brown and published by Nintendo. The game was released exclusively on GBA in Japan on December 7, 2001.

This was another game that I was interested in due to seeing the spirit of the protagonists of this game in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The fact that this game is a JRPG made me more interested in it than before as this game is a bit like the Mana series which I enjoy and appreciate.


I was very surprised that this game didn't get released outside of Japan as I felt like this game could've done well in the West. Granted, the early 2000s was a time where JPRGs barely get localized so during that time, it made sense for this game not to come to the West. Despite that, I feel like if it was released today, I think it would've done well due to the popularity of JRPGs for the past decade. 


Another broken record here, sorry. As of right now besides a fan translation and emulation, there's no way to play this game on modern consoles as it's stuck only on GBA. It's possible that this game might be coming to Nintendo Switch Online on the GBA app in Japan only in the future, but other than that, don't really see Nintendo trying to re-release this game in any fashion in the West anytime soon. However, I'm down with them trying to do a remake of this game if they have any interest in it as Magical Vacation does remind me of the Mana series and I love JRPGs so the more, the merrier. Either way, don't see it happening as I would love to see this game come to the West because it looks very fun to play as it looks like a classic Mana game to me and I like that franchise a lot.

Here's my #4 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Custom Robo is an action role-playing game series developed by Noise and published by Nintendo.

This is a classic franchise from Nintendo that is mainly well-known in Japan as the West only has gotten two games from the franchise which includes Custom Robo for the GameCube in 2004 and Custom Robo Arena for the Nintendo DS in 2006. 

There are three exclusive games from the Custom Robo franchise that are exclusive to Japan which include the original and first Custom Robo game on Nintendo 64, Custom Robo GX, and Custom Robo V2. As much as I want all of the games to be localized, if I have to choose one, it would be the original and first game of the Custom Robo series, Custom Robo on Nintendo 64.


This is the first game in the series and it was released on Nintendo 64 exclusively in Japan where during that time, it looked amazing due to 3D graphics being new for consoles at the time as this game was a good showcase of what the Nintendo 64 is capable of.


I was very surprised that the first game of the Custom Robo never got released outside of Japan as I feel it would do well if it ever got released in the West. I mean, it's an RPG with mechs in it, who wouldn't love that?!

The first and original game of Custom Robo on Nintendo 64 is currently on Nintendo Switch Online for the Nintendo 64 app in Japan, but there needs to be localization for this game in the West at this time. Even though Custom Robo isn't longer around anymore, I feel like a re-release of this game could do wonders for the franchise, especially with the rise of mech games with Armored Core VI coming out in the future so I feel like it does have a place if it comes out today. I can definitely see a reboot/remake of this series if Nintendo has the desire to do so, but only time will tell if they will go that route or not.

Here's my #3 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls) is an action role-playing game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy as it was released exclusively in Japan on September 14, 1992.

Ever since Prince Sable appeared as an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros., I always had an interest in this game as it looks to be a 2D Zelda game and the fact that the character can transform into a frog is super cool.


Despite being a Game Boy game, it is still regarded as one of the best games on the Game Boy according to the people that played it and seen gameplay of it myself, I can definitely see why due to the game being very similar to classic 2D Zelda which I love.


This game is currently on Nintendo Switch Online in Japan for the Game Boy app, but as of now, there's no localization for the game in the West. Granted, they have ported or localized their old classic NES and SNES games that came to Switch like Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Panel de Pon as examples. Granted, I doubt that the game will get a localization in the future, but it's possible that it could get a full-on remake like Famicom Detective Club depending on interest so we'll see what happens. Either way, hope to see this game released in the West in some form of fashion in the future.

Here's my #2 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Fire Emblem is a fantasy tactical role-playing game franchise developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo.

One of the best strategy game series out there today and this series do have a couple of games within its franchise that haven't been released outside of Japan. These games include Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo), Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, and Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. 

As much as I want to put all of them here, it wouldn't be fair since I want all of them to come to the West. However, if I have to pick one, it would be Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. 


The reason why I picked Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War over the other Fire Emblem games is due to the fandom that played this game praised it for what it is during its time. 


From what I've been told by people that have played this game, it has one of the darkest stories of any Fire Emblem game where it has two parts with two different protagonists throughout the game which is quite cool. Either way, I'm fine with any Fire Emblem that wasn't localized in the West coming to the West at this point as the Fire Emblem series continues to grow globally. However, really want Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War to be released outside of Japan and get localized here due to the story itself. Hopefully, Intelligent Systems might be working on a remake of this game as they did so with Fire Emblem Gaiden which became Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as it was a remake of that game so hope the same applies to Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War in the future.

Now, here's my #1 Japanese-exclusive game from Nintendo that I want to come to the West:



Mother 3 is a role-playing game developed by Brownie Brown and HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance as it was released exclusively in Japan on April 20, 2006.

Ah yes, of course, the classic and the meme that is Mother 3. Despite all of the jokes about wanting Mother 3 in the West, this game is actually amazing and there's a reason why people want this game to be released in the West. 

I've played the fan-translated version and man, it was a ride. After experiencing the game myself, I can understand why Nintendo back then was probably hesitant to release this game in the West because there is some content that would definitely not fit well in today's standards due to cultural beliefs, etc.


If you love the Earthbound games, you would love Mother 3 as it continues the trajectory of what makes the Earthbound/Mother games special in the first place. It's such a classic JRPG with nice pixelated graphics, an emotional story to play through, interesting characters, fun gameplay, and an amazing soundtrack. 

The fact that this game was so close to getting localized back in the Wii U era according to former Nintendo president, Reggie Fils-Aimé, made me disappointed as it's such a classic that deserves to be played by others outside of Japan. Luckily, like I said, there's a great fan translation of this game out there, but would love to see this game one day get a proper localization for everyone to experience.


Those are the Japanese-exclusive games from Nintendo that I want to come to the West.

Which Japanese-exclusive games from Nintendo do you want to come to the West?

Let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts