Gaming Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Video Games in 2024

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be ranking my most anticipated video games in 2024.

Before I start, my rankings will only be based on games that are announced that are going to be released in 2024 which include new original games, remakes, remasters, and ports with additional content that wasn't in the original game. My rankings will not include re-releases on other consoles as well as DLC (Ex. Splatoon 3: Side Order). In addition, if any games in 2024 aren't listed on my rankings, it just means I have no interest in it or forgot about it so keep that in mind.

Anyway, let's get started!



Before I start my actual rankings if you want to see my favorite video games of last year, check out the link here: Gaming Influence: Rankings - Most Anticipated Games in 2023

Here are some honorable mentions that I enjoyed, but didn't make it on the list:

Honorable Mentions: Neva, Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean, Towers of Aghasba, ULTROS, Yes, Your Grace: Snowfall, Palworld, Beastieball, Hauntii, 33 Immortals, Avowed, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Dungeons of Hinterberg, Towerborne, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, Streets of Rogue 2, Mandragora, Lynsfanga: The Time Shift Warrior, Homeworld 3, Little Nightmares III, Ara: History Untold, Dustborn, SPY x ANYA: Operation Memories, SaGa: Emerald Beyond, Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, Contra: Operation Galuga, Baby Steps, Helldivers II, Foamstars, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Windblown, World of Goo 2, No Rest for the Wicked, Visions of Mana, Rise of the Ronin, Black Myth: Wukong, Tales of Kenzera: Zau, MEGATON MUSASHI: WIRED, Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time

Okay, time for the opening. Starting off with my most anticipated video game in 2024 with #20:



Star War Outlaws is an action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft. The game is set to be released on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC in 2024.

Even though Ubisoft hasn't had the best track record as of late, Star Wars Outlaws does have a lot of potentials to be good if given the time and development it needs. The fact that this game is open-world is really great for the Star Wars franchise/world. I really hope this game does it well and we'll see more of it soon when it's released later this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #19:



Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is a remake of the puzzle platformer developed and published by Nintendo that was released on the GBA in 2004. The game is set to be released on Switch on February 16, 2024.

I didn't really expect a remake of the original Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game which is wild, but here we are and it actually looks pretty good. The last Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game we had was Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars on Wii U back in 2015 which wasn't great as it focused too much on the Mini Marios which I didn't enjoy. Glad to see them going back to their roots and we'll see how this remake will turn out as it's released next month.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #18:



Another Code: Recollection is a remake collection of two games of two point-and-click adventure games developed and published by Nintendo that originally came out on Nintendo DS and Wii in 2005 and 2009. The game is set to be released on Switch on January 19, 2024.

I remember enjoying the first game a lot on the Nintendo DS so I'm glad to see this game being remade as well as the second game as it was never released in North America so I'm very hyped for this. Not only they update the graphics, but they also updated the gameplay mechanics of the game as well as adding voice acting to the cutscenes which is great to see as well. Looking forward to playing this collection when it comes out in a few weeks.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #17:



Penny's Big Breakaway is a platformer developed by Evening Star and published by Private Division. The game is set to be released on Switch, PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X in early 2024.

When I first heard that this game was made by the same team that also did Sonic Mania, this game got my interest right away and it looked incredible. We don't really get a lot of 3D platformers nowadays so seeing a game like this here and it actually looks great too which I'm super hyped for. Really hope this game delivers as it comes out early this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #16:



Zenless Zone Zero is a free-to-play urban fantasy action role-playing developed and published by miHoYo. The game is set to be released on PC in 2024.

miHoYo hasn't missed yet when it comes to their games such as Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail so I expect Zenless Zone Zero to be the same when it comes out this year. I like how despite miHoYo making three different types of games, they all play differently as Zenless Zone Zero tends to be more hack-and-slash in terms of gameplay style which I'm totally for. Looking forward to playing it and it's going to be free too so I can't wait to experience it.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #15:



Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is a role-playing game developed by Rabbit and Bear Studios and published by 505 Games. The game is set to be released on Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC on April 23, 2024.

Ever since I saw this game, I have been fascinated by it as the game is pretty much a spiritual successor to Suikoden which I love so seeing a spiritual successor to that series is great for me. I also really love the art style of the game as this would be Suikoden if it was HD with a modern style so I'm pretty hyped for that and the gameplay is similar to it as well. I'm really looking forward to the game when it's released in three months and looking forward to playing it.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #14:



Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is an action-adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Xbox Game Studios. The game is set to be released on Xbox Series X and PC in 2024.

This game was first shown off back at the Game Awards 2020 so after four years, the game will finally be released and it looks incredible. I really love the first game and with this game being backed up from Microsoft, it has a chance to even be better than the first game, but only time will tell. The graphics look amazing, the gameplay looks awesome, the story is intriguing, and the music is wonderful to listen to. I can't wait to play this game when it comes out this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #13:



Prince Persia: The Lost Crown is an action-adventure platformer developed and published by Ubisoft. The game is set to be released on Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC on January 15, 2024.

It's been eleven years since the last Prince of Persia game which was Prince Persia: The Shadow and The Flame as that game was a remake which is insane. While we wait for the remake of Prince Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince Persia: The Lost Crown looks incredible and the fact that this game is a Metroidvania combined with a platformer is pretty awesome. I can't wait to play this game which only comes out in a few weeks. 

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #12:



Granblue Fantasy: Relink is an action role-playing game developed and published by Cygames. The game is set to be released on PS5, PS4, and PC on February 1, 2024.

The Granblue Fantasy series is generally well known for being on mobile where those games are pretty good for mobile games which is impressive and the fact that they are finally making a Grandblue Fantasy game on consoles is incredible. For their first console Grandblue Fantasy game, the game looks great as the art style is beautiful in HD, the gameplay looks to be fun, and with the use of a controller, it's going to make gameplay feel very smooth, and the music is awesome as always too. I can't wait to experience a console Grandblue Fantasy game with Grandblue Fantasy: Relink coming out next month.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #11:



Unicorn Overlord is a tactical role-playing game developed by Vanillaware and published by Sega. The game is set to be released on Switch, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X on March 8, 2024.

When this game was first announced back in the Nintendo Direct in September of last year, it got my interest as I never thought that Vanillaware would make a strategy game, but here we are and it looks quite interesting. The game looks to be unique in terms of its strategy gameplay and really love the art style of this game as Vanillaware is generally great in that department. This game has a chance to be incredible as Vanillaware hasn't failed me yet so looking forward to playing this game when it comes out in two months.

Now, here are my top ten most anticipated video games of 2024 starting with #10: 




Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is a remake of a role-playing game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo back on the GameCube in 2004. The game is set to be released on Switch in 2024.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is one of my favorite games on the GameCube and the fact that this game is being remade on Switch twenty years later is incredible. Glad to see that this game is not just an HD remaster as they did update the graphics to be similar to Paper Mario: The Origami King, but also made some changes to the dialogues in some scenes so it's not just a one-to-one remake either as they also added elements that weren't in the original by adding characters and objects which makes me curious on which direction they're going for here and that makes me excited. Looking forward to replaying this game in a new light possibly when it comes out this year.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #9:



Persona 3 Reload is a role-playing game developed by P-Studio and published by Atlus. The game is set to be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC, on February 2, 2024.

I've been waiting for a remake of Persona 3 for a long time just to combine content from Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable into one and despite not having that at this time, this remake looks incredible as they're changing a lot to this game that the original didn't have originally. They're changing the English voice cast, and new dialogue that wasn't in the original, Tartarus looks more interesting than ever as it doesn't look the same at every level which makes this remake very exciting for me to play. I can't wait to play the remake when it comes out next month.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #8:



Dragon's Dogma II is an action role-playing game developed and published by Capcom. The game is set to be released on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC on March 22, 2024.

It's been fourteen years since the first Dragon's Dogma game and after so long, it's great to see this series have a sequel and it looks incredible. The graphics look amazing, the gameplay looks very smooth and impactful, the story seems intriguing, the character customization looks to be a lot of fun, and the music is pretty good as well. Glad to see the series back and really hope this game does well so we can get more as I'm looking forward to playing it in two months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #7:



Princess Peach: Showtime! is an action-adventure game developed and published by Nintendo. The game is set to be released on Switch on March 22, 2024.

Ever since we got the trailer for this game with gameplay, I've been really excited about this game as this seems very different for Peach as she's been viewed in a certain way for a long time so seeing her in a spot like this is awesome to see. The changes of the costumes which changes the gameplay mechanics of Peach looks like so much fun and I can't wait to see how they're implemented. I'm looking forward to trying this game out as it has a chance to be great as it comes out in two months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #6:



Tekken 8 is a fighting game developed and published by Bandai Namco. The game is set to be released on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC on January 26, 2024.

Tekken is usually a fun franchise in the fighting game genre and with Tekken 8, it looks to be no different. A pretty reasonable size roster thus far being shown for the game, the extra modes being added should be a lot of fun, and the story involving the fighters in Tekken 8 going in a new era is quite interesting as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how Tekken 8 will play out and if it's anything like the demo that is currently out, I think we're in for a treat when it comes out in a few weeks.

Now, we're in the top five. Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #5:



Black Myth: Wukong is an action role-playing game developed and published by Game Science. The game is set to be released on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC on August 20, 2024.

This game looks incredible every time I see it and I'm impressed on what Game Science has done with this game as it's inspired by Journey to the West which is great. The character designs are insane, the gameplay looks so much fun with intense action, and the music from what I've heard so far is very addicting and catchy which adds in the game to me in my opinion. I can't wait to experience and play this game when it comes out in seven months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #4:



Rise of the Rōnin is an action role-playing game developed by Team Ninja and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is set to be released on PS5 on March 22, 2024.

Ever since this game was first shown, it just gives me a lot of Nioh vibes which I love and it makes sense since this game is being developed by Team Ninja. The graphics look beautiful, the story seems intriguing, the gameplay looks impactful and a lot of fun to play, and looking what we've seen with the game so far, it seems to be open-world, or open-area in some cases, and if so, it should be very interesting on how it will turn out. Either way, I'm very excited for this game and I can't wait to play it when it comes out in two months.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #3:



Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth is a role-playing game developed by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and published by Sega. The game is set to be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC on January 26, 2024.

I've been a fan of the Yakuza/Like a Dragon series for a long time now and glad to see the series getting more popularity as time goes on. With Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth looks to be the biggest Yakuza game yet and the fact that they added a social simulator in this game too is insane. The new direction that Like a Dragon is taking with it being RPG now could lead to more fans of the series and we'll see if that's the case or not as it comes out in a few weeks and I can't wait to play it.

Here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #2:



Metaphor: ReFantazio is a role-playing game developed by Studio Zero and published by Sega. The game is set to be released on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X in Fall 2024.

I love Shin Megami Tensei and I love Persona, what do you get when you combine both franchises in a fantasy world setting? You get Metaphor: ReFantazio which looks incredible. They combined everything I love about Shin Megami Tensei and Persona into one and the fact that the game takes place in a fantasy world is incredible to see. This has a chance to be amazing and I really hope this game delivers when it comes out later this fall.

Now, here's my most anticipated video game of 2024 at #1:



Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is an action role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix. The game is set to be released on PS5 on February 29, 2024.

Final Fantasy VII Remake was my #1 favorite video game of 2020 so obviously, I'm going to be super excited for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and my goodness, I want this game so bad. I am still intrigued by the story after what happened in Final Fantasy VII Remake, loving the new character designs for the main cast, the fact that this game is more open-world/open-area once you get to the world map, and finally, the music is going to be amazing as always and I can't wait to listen to it. This has a chance to be my Game of the Year in 2024, but we'll have to wait and see. February can't come soon enough!


Those are my most anticipated video games in 2024.

What are your most anticipated video games in 2024?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts