Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2024 ~ Xbox

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2024 which will start on May 30 and will continue in the next few weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I'll mainly focus on Xbox.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest 2023 Predictions: Xbox

I'll be giving my predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Xbox so let's get to it!


Thinks


It was announced by Xbox that there will be an Xbox Games Showcase on June 9 that will showcase what games from Xbox will be coming to Xbox Series X. Despite that, I think they will showcase their titles on Summer Game Fest on June 7. Regardless, I'll focus on first-party and third-party that Xbox will advertise with these predictions.


It was confirmed by Xbox themselves that this game will appear at Xbox Games Showcase and they will have a dedicated showcase for the game right after the Xbox Games Showcase so it’s happening. Even though I'm not a huge Call of Duty fan, this is a big deal for Xbox as it's one of the biggest IPs they have due to them officially owning Activision Blizzard. With them getting a separate showcase after Xbox Games Showcase with this game, they mean business, so we'll see how the game looks and plays once we see it.


The last time we saw this game was back at the Xbox Developer Direct in January of this year and with this game released this fall, it’s about time we get more updates on this game and the release date. This is one of their biggest games heading into this fall so I expect Xbox to heavily promote this game as much as possible so I won't be surprised if we see more of this game at the Xbox Games Showcase along with a release date.


Like with Avowed, the last time we saw this game was back at the Xbox Developer Direct in January of this year. Also like Avowed, the game is planning to be released this fall so this would be the perfect opportunity to get more details about the game and the release date. Unlike Avowed, this game probably won't get advertised much, but I still think it'll make a presence at the Xbox Games Showcase along with a release date.


Like Avowed and Ara: History Untold, the last time we saw this game was back at the Xbox Developer Direct in January of this year. Unlike Avowed and Ara: History Untold, it’s not releasing this fall, but later this year, and with it being one of their biggest games, I’m pretty sure we’ll see it again at the Xbox Games Showcase.


The last time we saw this game was back at last year's Xbox Games Showcase and with it being popular among the Xbox fanbase, I expect that we'll see more of this game at this year's Xbox Games Showcase. With this game being announced for later this year, I think it's about time that we get more details about the game and when it'll be released. From what I've seen, it looks to be even better and I have a feeling we're going to see more of it at the Xbox Games Showcase.


Like with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, this game was last showcased at the Xbox Games Showcase last year so I expect to see more of this game with this year's Xbox Games Showcase. From the last time we saw this game, it looks to be a lot of fun and has the potential to be good too. With the game supposedly coming out this year, I'm sure we'll see it at the Xbox Games Showcase to get more info about the game.


Like with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 and Towerborne, the last time we saw this game was back at last year's Xbox Games Showcase and since this is one of their biggest games that'll be coming out to the system, I expect Xbox to give it another showcase and I expect it to happen at the Xbox Games Showcase once again. In terms of actually getting a release window for the game is up in the air, but I have a feeling we're going to see this game again sooner rather than later.


With Xbox supporting and advertising a lot of Sega and Atlus games as of late, I expect them to continue that trend and they'll do that with this game like they did last year when they first revealed it. This game is coming out this October so I'm pretty sure a lot of marketing for this game will happen soon and I expect Xbox, Sega, and Atlus to do so with the Xbox Games Showcase. Looking forward to seeing more of this game when it comes out in five months and I'm sure we'll see more at the Xbox Games Showcase.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for Xbox, but let's go over what I want from Xbox. Now, these games that I want might happen or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


Yep, this is not going to stop until it happens, dang it! How is it possible that we still don’t have a new original Banjo-Kazooie game when Banjo & Kazooie are in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Banjo-Kazooie is on Nintendo Switch Online?! Come on Xbox, just do it! I’m begging you, please!


It’s been six years since we have gotten anything about this game back in E3 2018 and to this day, we’re still waiting. Granted, there’s a higher chance that this game is being developed now due to Starfield finally being done. However, I still won’t hold my breath as it’ll be a while until we see it again, but still hoping for a trailer at least. Though, don’t see it happening at all.


We haven’t seen any information about this game since the Game Awards 2020 as it’s been almost four years since then. Granted, there are still development issues with this game which is why we haven’t seen it for a long time, but if it’s still being worked on, I expect it to see something on it. However, I won’t hold my breath on that one.



The last time we saw any footage of this game was back at last year's Xbox Games Showcase and it looks to be a huge deal too from what we've seen in terms of graphics and gameplay. I personally don't think it'll show at this year's Xbox Game Showcase because they might want to focus on other games that'll soon be released this year, but we can hope that it shows up. However, I doubt it.



Well, instead of this being put in the PlayStation predictions, going to put it in the Xbox predictions instead as I mentioned with Metaphor: ReFantazio, Xbox, Sega, and Atlus have been working together a lot recently in terms of marketing so if we're going to get a new Persona game announcement like Persona 6, it would probably be showcased in a Xbox Games Showcase. Granted, don't think it's happening by a long shot, but I can dream okay. Thank you.

As always, I want more Japanese games on Xbox Game Pass which they continue to do for the past two years as I hope they keep the momentum going with them. Since then, we got more Persona and Like a Dragon games on Xbox Game Pass as I expect to see more Japanese games coming to the service soon. The more Japanese games on Xbox Game Pass, the better.


Well, those are my predictions for Xbox in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think Xbox will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Xbox to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts