Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2023 ~ Xbox

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2023 which will start on May 24 and will continue for the next three weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on Xbox.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest Predictions 2022: Xbox & Bethesda


I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Xbox so let's get to it!



Thinks


It was announced by Xbox that there will be an Xbox Games Showcase on June 13 that will what games from Xbox will be coming to Xbox Series X. Despite that, I think they will also show their other titles within Summer Game Fest on June 8. Regardless, I'll be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


Bethesda announced that there will be a showcase for Starfield right after the Xbox Games Showcase on June 13 so we'll guaranteed to see the game there. This is one of Xbox's biggest exclusives and with them having a bit of failure with their other first-party games, they have to nail Starfield in order to make people interested in Xbox again. Hope the Starfield Showcase on June 13 delivers and shows that Starfield can be a great game this year.


The last time we saw footage of this game was back in the Xbox Developer Direct in February so that was roughly three months ago as they announced that this game was coming this year so I expect in the Xbox Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest that they'll announce the release date for the game. Just like with Starfield, this is another big first-party game from Xbox and I expect it to deliver and be a lot of fun so hope to see more with a release date.


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the Game Awards 2021 so it's been almost two years since we last saw the game, but I think it's time that we'll see it once again at the Xbox Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest. This game has the potential to be something incredible and if it's anything like the first game, but even better, then we're in for a treat. Hope to see more of this game soon and hope that we'll get it next month.


We last saw any footage of this game back at the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase last year and it was announced that it will release this year. I expect to get more gameplay and get a release date for this game at the Xbox Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Whether this game will deliver or not is up in the air, but really hope to see gameplay of this game and hope we'll get that next month.


As I mentioned in my predictions from last year, Xbox generally makes a new Gears of War game every three to four years and it's been four years since Gears 5 so it's only a matter of time before we get Gears 6 with a possible release of this year or next year. I can see this game being announced at either Xbox Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest, but either way, I do think that a new Gears of War game is coming and it'll be Gears 6. We'll have to wait and see when the time comes.


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back on the Xbox + Bethesda Games Showcase two years at E3 and I have a feeling that we're going to see it again at the Xbox Games Showcase or Summer Game Fest. The next time we'll see it, we'll probably get gameplay and a possible release date for the game, but I have a big hunch we'll see it this year and I hope it happens next month because if it's anything like the first game, we're in for a treat.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for Xbox, but let's go over what I want from Xbox. Now, these games that I want might happen or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.



Yep, this will continue to happen until it happens dang it! Even though Xbox doesn't seem to care about Banjo-Kazooie anymore, there are still plenty of fans that still care about the series and would love the series to return. I'm still surprised that Xbox didn't take advantage of making a new Banjo-Kazooie game with Banjo & Kazooie being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Banjo-Kazooie releasing on Nintendo Switch Online. Come on Xbox, make a new Banjo-Kazooie game! I'm begging you, please! 


It's been five years since we have gotten anything about this game back at E3 2018 and to this day, we're still waiting. Granted, Bethesda is focusing on Starfield and I get that, but you have to focus on Elder Scrolls VI too as it's five years at this point. Until Starfield is done, I don't think we'll get any new information on Elder Scrolls VI, but I'm still hoping even if the chances are very small.


This is a game that we haven't seen since the Xbox Games Showcase back in Summer Game Fest 2020 as it's been three years since we last saw anything of this game. There have been rumblings that this game is running into development issues which is why we haven't seen anything from this game since then, but I feel like they should at least announce something on what's going with this game one way or another. Will it happen this year? I doubt it, but I'm hopeful as I would love to see Fable make a comeback.


This is another game we haven't seen in a while dating back to the Game Awards 2020 as it's been almost three years since then. Just like with Fable, there seem to be development issues which is why we haven't seen much of the game since then. However, just like with Fable, I feel like they should show something about the game to let people know that this game still exists. I doubt it'll happen this year, but I can dream.


Just like with Fable, we haven't seen anything from this game since the Xbox Games Showcase at Summer Game Fest 2020 so it's also exactly three years since we got anything from this game. I doubt we'll see anything from this game at all, but the last time we did see it, it has a lot of potential and I really hope we'll see more of this game, I just don't think it'll happen next month.


As always, I want more Japanese games on Xbox Game Pass which they've been doing for the past year as I hope they can keep it up. They got the Persona games on Xbox Game Pass last year and I hope they continue the trend of having more Japanese games on the system and they do it through Game Pass as the more, the merrier.

Well, those are my predictions for Xbox in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think Xbox will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Xbox to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts