Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2023 ~ PlayStation

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2023 which will start on May 24 and will continue for the next three weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on PlayStation.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest Predictions 2022: PlayStation


I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about PlayStation so let's get to it!




Thinks


It was announced by PlayStation that there will be a PlayStation Showcase on May 24 that will be covering PS5 and PS VR2 games from first-party studios, third-party studios, and indie studios. Despite that, I'm sure that PlayStation will still show something at Summer Game Fest which will happen on June 8. I'll be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


This game is coming out next month and despite having a State of Pay of the game last month, I feel like there's a lot more to show and we can see it at either the PlayStation Showcase, Summer Game Fest or a future Square Enix Presents. Either way, we're going to see more of this game as it'll probably be one of the biggest third-party exclusives on PS5 so looking forward to seeing how this game will play next month and hope to see more of it.


The last time we saw this game was back at the PlayStation Showcase in September 2021 so it's been about two years since we last saw the game. It was reported by Insomniac Games that they plan to release this game this fall so if they're planning to build hype for this game, it's best to do it at either the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest. With this game being one of PlayStation's biggest first-party games to PS5, they need to bring in the fire and I think we're going to see it happen at PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest.


Just like with Marvel's Spider-Man 2, the last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the PlayStation Showcase in September 2021 so I think it's about time we see more of this game. Originally, this game was supposed to come out last year but got delayed as we still don't have a confirmed release window for the game and I feel like the best way to show that the game still exists is to show it in a PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Regardless, it's about time to see more of this game and what potential this game has with Insomniac Games developing it.


The last time we got any news about this game was back in the Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Celebration stream back in June of last year and Square Enix said that we're going to get more news on this game this year so it's only a matter of time when it happens. Whether it happens in the PlayStation Showcase, Summer Game Fest, or a Square Enix Presents, we're going to see more of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth as it's one of the most anticipated third-party exclusive game to PS5. Either way, I can see it happening and I want it to happen so make it happen PlayStation and Square Enix!


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back in the State of Play of September 2022 so it's been about eight months since then and I have a feeling we're going to see more of this game in the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Every time I see this game, it has the potential to be something very special and really hope to see more of it soon.


Despite this game having a bit of concern with it being a live service game, I do expect that we'll see more of this game at the PlayStation Showcase and Summer Game Fest to see how much they improve upon it. We last saw this game back in the February State of Play three months ago where it was originally supposed to be released on May 26 until they delayed it. Even though I don't think they'll improve upon it, I do expect that they'll show more of the game at the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest in some capacity. 


When this game was first announced back in the Silent Hill Showcase of October of last year, I absolutely lost it as I thought this series would never come back due to Konami being Konami, but they're slowly coming back to their senses in some way and this remake of the game has the potential to be amazing if done right. I expect this to show up at PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest since it'll be released this year and looking forward to seeing more of it.


Just like with Marvel's Spider-Man 2 and Marvel's Wolverine, we haven't seen any new footage of this game since the PlayStation Showcase back in September 2021 so it's about two years since then. Despite the game having development problems, I do have a feeling that we'll see the game is some capacity in either the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest. Either way, hope this game lives up to the original.



Just like with Stellar Blade, the last time we saw this game was back in the State of Play of September 2022 and it was one of the more interesting third-party exclusive games coming to PS5. I do expect that we see more of this game at either PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest as it has the potential to be an incredible game on the system. Hope to see more of it soon.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for PlayStation, but let's go over what I want from PlayStation. Now, these games that I want might happen, or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


Even though we have seen footage of this game back at the 2022 Game Awards, I don't think we're going to get any new footage of this game for a while since I think it's still in early development. However, if they do show it in the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest, I'll be estatic. Though, I just don't see it happening, but would love to see it.


There have been rumors that either Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater will be getting a remake by Konami, but I don't want to get my hopes up due to Konami. However, if it does happen, I'll be over the moon. Granted, I don't think it'll be the same without Hideo Kojima directing it, but I'm willing to give it a chance if they can recorrect their wrong with Metal Gear Survive. Just hoping that if it's true, that it's amazing and it delivers.


This was a game that I was interested in when they first showed it off back in the State of Play of June 2022 as it's been a year since we last saw this game. Even though I want to see this show up at the PlayStation Showcase or Summer Game Fest, it's pretty much a niche game that will probably not get much attention which is a shame as the game does remind me of Persona in some aspects. Hope to see more of this game, but I doubt it.


As I mentioned before, despite Japan Studios shutting down and Keiichiro Toyama leaving PlayStation, I still want this series to make a comeback one way or another even though the chance of it is unlikely. However, there'll be a movie for Gravity Rush in the works surprisingly and if that's the case, there's a possible chance that a Gravity Rush game will be made for it, but I'm just getting my hopes up. I want it to happen, but I doubt it will happen.


Just like with Gravity Rush as Japan Studios have been shut down, I don't see Ape Escape returning anytime soon. Luckily, we got the original Ape Escape on PlayStation Plus Premium which is nice, but obviously, I want a new original Ape Escape game. I hope it happens, but I doubt it.


Even though I doubt this series will be back since Sucker Punch are focusing on other games and franchises, would love to see them make another Sly Cooper game which would be nice. I doubt it's happening, but I can dream.


Yes, once again, I want a new Everybody's Golf. Unlike with Gravity Rush and Ape Escape, Everybody's Golf is not developed by Japan Studios, but by Clap Hanz so there's a chance for it to make a comeback. Now, is PlayStation interested in bringing the series back? That's up to them, but I hope so as this is such a fun multiplayer game to play with friends locally and online.


Even though I don't think Persona 6 will be releasing anytime soon, I do believe that we're bound for a teaser for Persona 6 sooner rather than later. Granted, Atlus is still pouring out Persona 5 related games where Persona 5: The Phantom X is being made on mobile in the future so even though that is happening, it's possible that we could be getting Persona 6, but I doubt it. I'm hopeful, but I'm not counting on it.

Well, those are my predictions for PlayStation in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think PlayStation will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want PlayStation to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts