Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2023 ~ Nintendo

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2023 which will start on May 24 and will continue for the next three weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I will mainly focus on Nintendo.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest Predictions 2022: Nintendo


I'll be giving predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Nintendo so let's get to it!



Thinks


At this time, there is no official word that Nintendo will be a part of Summer Game Fest, or have a Nintendo Direct next month. However, just like they did last year with a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, I do expect Nintendo to show something next month since they need to show what they're going to have for the rest of the year and it's only a matter of time. I will be focusing on first-party as well as third-party exclusives with these predictions so keep that in mind.


This game is pretty much the only first-party game from Nintendo that we know is coming out this year as it will release in two months so I expect if we do a Nintendo Direct next month, Pikmin 4 will be a big focus for them. Looking forward to seeing more of this game in two months and I hope it's as great compared to other mainline Pikmin games.


We have two more waves left in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Pack so I expect we get the announcement of the next wave in the next Nintendo Direct. In terms of what courses and the characters they'll show, who knows, but it'll be sad once this is over similar to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass. However, going to enjoy it while it last and looking forward to Wave 5 of this incredible DLC.


With the Super Mario Bros. Movie that just released last month, I think it's time that we get a new Super Mario game. Whether it's 2D or 3D, it doesn't matter as I feel like Nintendo is going to capitalize on the momentum they have in the Super Mario Bros. Movie and make the best out of it for their next Super Mario game. Looking forward to seeing what it is and I could see it happening at the next Nintendo Direct.


We have gotten Inkopolis for Wave 1 of the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass so it's only a matter of time before we'll get Wave 2 of the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass with Side Order. Side Order looks to be an interesting story expansion to Splatoon 3 similar to Octo Expansion with Splatoon 2 so I expect Nintendo to show gameplay as well as a release date for Side Order which will probably happen in a Nintendo Direct as we;ll soon be fresh once again.


DLC 1 with The Tower of Doooom already came out for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope earlier this year and with mid-2023 approaching, it's only a matter of time before we'll see DLC 2 of this game and I expect to see it in the next Nintendo Direct. Granted, we did just recently get a teaser for DLC 2 of this game with it being titled The Last Spark Hunter, but we still don't know much about it so we'll probably get more info in a Nintendo Direct. If not there, probably at Ubisoft Forward on June 12. Either way, we're going to see more of the DLC with this game and hope to see another teaser for DLC 3 since I really want to see how Rayman plays in this game. I guess we'll have to wait and see when the time comes.


Yes I know, the possible chance that this will show up may be very slim. However, with the recent release of Metroid Prime Remastered, I think it's about time that we're finally going to see more of this game after six years. Granted, I do believe that it's possible that they'll release Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3 before Metroid Prime 3, but I do think we're going to actually see a trailer for this game finally. We just won't get a release date, but I do expect that we're finally going to get something for this game and it'll probably happen at the next Nintendo Direct.


Even though Square Enix already announced the release date for this game on June 12. If a Nintendo Direct happens before then, I can totally see them promoting this game to remind people that this game will be coming out soon in Nintendo Direct and will probably let people know about Front Mission 3 as well. If not Front Mission 2, definitely Front Mission 3, but we'll have to wait and see.


This game is about to be released in a month, but Nintendo has been pushing this game hard in the past two Nintendo Directs so I expect one final blowout for this game in the next Nintendo Direct since it'll be released on June 30. Now, we don't know if Nintendo will have a Nintendo Direct next month at all, but if we do, like I said, I expect this game to be promoted one last time before its release and I feel like this game has a lot of potential to be something special for fans that are into Danganronpa and I'm looking forward to seeing it when we do see it again.


Love that Level-5 is making a comeback and great to see that the Fantasy Life series is returning with a new game I expect to see more of this game again in the next Nintendo Direct despite it being featured at a Level-5 Showcase two months ago. The next time we do see the game, I expect a release date for it and hope that it happens in the next Nintendo Direct which has a high possibility.


When Level-5 announced that Professor Layton is coming back, I was filled with joy as the Professor Layton series is incredible. Even though we did get information about this game at the Level-5 Showcase two months ago, I do expect that we'll get more information about this game at the next Nintendo Direct to actually see the gameplay of the game. Granted, we won't get an exact release date, but I do expect a release time window the next time we see this game and I have a feeling we're going to see it again in the next Nintendo Direct.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for Nintendo, but let's go over what I want from Nintendo. Now, these games that I want might happen or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


As I mentioned in my predictions last year, it's been nine years since the last original Donkey Kong game with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on the Wii U in 2014. Even though I do expect a new Donkey Kong game from Nintendo in the future due to a rumor that there was a Donkey Kong game in development two years ago, don't know if they'll reveal it anytime soon since I think they'll show off the game once the portion of the Donkey Kong world in Universal Studios Japan is close to completion or when the Donkey Kong movie is close to release to build up hype. Regardless, I do think we'll get a new Donkey Kong game, just not anytime soon.


We last saw this game back at the September Nintendo Direct last year and it was recently announced by Marvelous that the game will be released on June 27. Even though I can see Nintendo promoting this game one last time in the next Nintendo Direct, I don't see Nintendo really promoting this game much as it will be mainly Marvelous to promote it which is a shame since I do feel that this game deserves more attention. However, I could be wrong so we'll see in the future.


This game was announced back in the February Nintendo Direct three months ago and it was announced by Sega recently that the game will be released on August 29. Just like with STORY OF SEASONS: A Wonderful Life, I don't see Nintendo trying to promote this game much more in the next Nintendo Direct as it will be mainly Sega promoting since they just recently announced that this game will get DLC as well which is nice. Even though I want this game to be shown more for the next Nintendo Direct as this series deserves more attention, I just don't see it happening. I'm hoping I'm wrong though. 


This collection was announced back at the February Nintendo Direct three months ago and we still don't have an official release date from Nintendo or Bandai Namco about this game since it's planned to be released this summer. Even though I don't see Nintendo giving more promotion to this game, I really hope they do since this collection was developed by Monolith Soft, the developers of the Xenoblade Chronicles series as they should get more attention than they deserved as they're such underrated classic JRPGs. Maybe Bandai Namco will do more promotion for this collection possibly, but with Nintendo, I doubt it. However, I hope I'm wrong since this series deserves more attention.



It's been seven years since the last original Star Fox game with Star Fox Zero in 2016 on Wii U and I feel like this series deserves another shot to show that they can do more than just reboot Starfox 64 over and over again. Granted, I don't know if Nintendo has any intention of trying to bring Starfox back to what it should be about, but I'm not giving my hopes up. Regardless, would love to see Nintendo bring back Starfox in the best way possible, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. 



The F-Zero fans have been dying for anything new with this series since 2003 with F-Zero GX on Gamecube so at this point, fans will take anything F-Zero related since it's been so long. There has been a rumor that F-Zero GX might be getting a remaster, but that's just a rumor and I'm not getting my hopes up on that. However, I really hope it's true as I really love to see F-Zero come back so please Nintendo, bring back F-Zero!


Another franchise that hasn't been seen for a long time with Kid Icarus: Uprising being the last game of this series on the Nintendo 3DS back in 2012. This series has the potential to be as big as the other Nintendo franchises, but with no new game in the series for eleven years, I just don't know if it will happen at this point. However, I hope I'm wrong as I would love to see the series make a comeback, but just don't see it happening anytime soon.


Just like with every other franchise I mentioned on here, the last game we got in the series was Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on the Nintendo DS back in 2010 so it's been thirteen years since then. Even though I'm glad that Nintendo still remembers Golden Sun by putting the first game on Nintendo Switch Online, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't get a new game in the series for more than a decade as I would love to see it return. Will Nintendo actually do it? I don't know, but we can only hope.


I'm a broken record at this point as the last original Rhythm Heaven game we got was Rhythm Heaven Megamix on Nintendo 3DS in 2015 so it's been eight years since the last game and would love to see a new one. Feel like Nintendo should be making a new Rhythm Heaven game since this series can attract non-gamers which would be good for the sales of their hardware and software. However, I just don't see it at this time, but I hope I'm wrong.


Yes, I will never stop requesting for Mother 3 to come to the West until it happens dang it! In all seriousness, I do see this game coming to Nintendo Switch Online in Japan, but obviously, we want the game to be localized in the West so Nintendo, give us what we want! Give us Mother 3!

Well, those are my predictions for Nintendo in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think Nintendo will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Nintendo to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts