Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2024 ~ PlayStation

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2024 which will start on May 30 and will continue in the next few weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I'll mainly focus on PlayStation.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest 2023 Predictions: PlayStation

I'll be giving my predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about PlayStation so let's get to it!


Thinks



PlayStation announced that there will be a PlayStation State of Play on May 30, covering PS5 and PS VR2 games from first-party studios, third-party studios, and indie studios. Despite that, PlayStation will still show something at Summer Game Fest on June 7. I’ll focus on first-party and third-party that PlayStation might advertise with these predictions so keep that in mind.


The last time we got any information about this game was back at the PlayStation State of Play in January of this year. With this game looking to be complete very soon, I expect more info about the game to come out sooner rather than later. Plus, we're getting a Silent Hill Transmission on May 30 as well so I expect Silent Hill 2 to make an appearance there so either way, we're definitely going to get more Silent Hill 2 news regardless, and looking forward to the final product once it's completed.


There are currently rumors about a new Astro game being in development by Team Asobi which should be revealed within Summer Game Fest time so we're going to see it in the PlayStation State of Play for sure. The last Astro game we got was Astro's Playroom on PS5 in 2020 so it's about time for a new Astro game and if it's anything like Astro's Playroom, we're in for a treat. It's true and I can't wait to see what it looks like once we do see it.


Just like with Silent Hill 2, the last time we saw any footage of Death Stranding 2: On The Beach was also on the PlayStation State of Play that was aired back in January of this year. Despite the game not being released until next year, I still expect this game to be a big deal for them and they will market it as much as possible so I have a feeling we'll going to get see more of it in the PlayStation State of Play, but we'll see.


The last time we saw any footage of this game was back at the PlayStation Showcase of last year so it’s time for it to make another appearance. This is one of my most anticipated games as I love the original game on the PS2 so I'm very curious to see if this game will be a remake or an actual reimaging of the game. Either way, I have a feeling we're going to see more of this game in the PlayStation State of Play and I hope that's the case.


It's been three years since we last saw anything from this game which was the PlayStation Showcase back in September 2021 so it's about time we see an update on this game. With Insomniac being done with Marvel's Spider-Man 2, I'm pretty sure that they're currently working on Marvel's Wolverine for their next game, and can't wait to see the progress of this game since we haven't seen anything on it for three years as I believe it's time.


Just like with Silent Hill 2 and Death Stranding 2: On The Beach, we haven't seen anything from this game since the PlayStation State of Play in January of earlier this year. With this game planning to be released later this year, I expect we're going to see more of this game at the PlayStation State of Play unless they delay it, but I have a feeling they're going to showcase it there regardless. Looking forward to seeing the progress of the game and we'll see how the final product will turn out once it's completed.


Even though I don't know what game they'll be developing, I do believe that it's time that we'll see a new game from Sucker Punch Productions. They're well known for their games such as the Sly Cooper series, Infamous, and Ghost of Tsushima and the last game they develop was Ghost of Tsushima which was released on PS4 in 2020 so I believe it's time that they'll at least showcase their next game. It could be Ghost of Tsushima 2 or a new original IP from them, but either way, I can see a new game developed by Sucker Punch Productions in the PlayStation State of Play and I can feel it.


Just like with Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, we haven't seen anything from this game since the PlayStation Showcase last year so I think it's time that we see more of this game. Still surprised that they're remaking this game and I definitely want to see the progress that they made with this game since then so there's a possibility we might see it at the PlayStation State of Play, but we'll see as I have a feeling it'll show up.

Wants


Alright, that's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for PlayStation, but let's go over what I want from PlayStation. Now, these games that I want might happen or have no chance at all, but hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


The last time we saw anything from this game was back at the PlayStation Showcase as it looks incredible. The game reminds me of Ghost of Tsushima a lot with its own twist as I love the art style and the gameplay seems so smooth too. Really want to see more of this game, but hope to see more of this game at the PlayStation of Play which I doubt it'll be showing up.


Just like with Phantom Blade 0, we haven't seen anything from this game since the last PlayStation Showcase. This game reminds me so much of The Last Guardian and the environments in this game look incredible as well as the gameplay looking like a lot of fun to play. Very curious to see more of this game and hope to see it at the PlayStation State of Play, but doubt it.


Even though Japan Studios has been shut down, I still want a new Gravity Rush game, but the chances for that are very slim with Keiichiro Toyoma no longer being a part of PlayStation. Despite that, it looks like PlayStation still has an interest in Gravity Rush somewhat as they're still in development with Gravity Rush which is still out of nowhere for me, but will take it. Still hoping for a new Gravity Rush game, but won't hold my breath.


Just like with Gravity Rush, Japan Studios has been shut down. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t want a new Ape Escape because I totally do. Granted, the Ape Escape games are available on the PlayStation Plus Premium which is nice, but I really do want a new original Ape Escape game, not going to lie. It won't happen I think at this time, but I can hope.


Despite the series having a slight chance of coming back due to Sucker Punch focusing on other games and projects, I would still love a new Sly Cooper game. Will it happen? Probably not for the time being, but still hope that it makes a comeback one day.


Yep, will keep doing this until it happens, but I want a new Everybody’s Golf game. Unlike Gravity Rush and Ape Escape, Everybody’s Golf is developed by Clap Hanz and not Japan Studios so there’s a chance for the series to come back. However, that all depends on if PlayStation is interested or not, but hoping that it happens. We’ll have to wait and see.

Well, those are my predictions for PlayStation in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think PlayStation will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want PlayStation to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts