Gaming Influence: Predictions - Summer Game Fest 2024 ~ Nintendo

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to Gaming Influence, a reboot of the same name I created back in WrestleCorp. However, not only will I be giving my thoughts on certain video games and video game series, but also video game movies, video game anime, video game digital presentations, etc.

For this edition of Gaming Influence, I'll be giving my predictions for Summer Game Fest 2024 which will start on May 30 and will continue in the next few weeks. For the predictions in this article/editorial, I'll mainly focus on Nintendo.

Anyway, let's get started!



For further details of what is Summer Game Fest, check out this article/editorial here: Summer Game Fest 2023 Predictions: Nintendo

I'll be giving my predictions for a few video game companies on what game announcements will happen during Summer Game Fest time and will be doing one for each video game company before the show starts by having what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

For these predictions, I will be talking about Nintendo so let's get to it!



Thinks


At this time, there'll be a Nintendo Direct next month in June where they'll cover games for the Nintendo Switch for the second half of 2024. However, knowing Nintendo, they'll do more than that and might showcase games that will be coming in 2025 and might be on the next Nintendo console without mentioning it. I will mainly be focusing on first-party as well as third-party that Nintendo will advertise with these predictions so keep that in mind.


With this game coming out on June 27, I expect Nintendo to promote this game one last time before it's released unless they have the Nintendo Direct after this game is released. However, I can see the Nintendo Direct within the week after Summer Game Fest or the third week of June so I do expect them to showcase Luigi's Mansion 2 HD one last time before the game is released so expect it to be there at the next Nintendo Direct.


This game was randomly announced in May as it'll be released on July 18. Even if Nintendo doesn't give this game much attention, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will remind us that this game is coming out soon. I expect this game to be showcased in a highlight reel and nothing more.


Even though I expect a new 3D Super Mario game for the next Nintendo console. I still do believe that they'll showcase the game and it'll come out on launch day with the next Nintendo console. With the Super Mario franchise being at its highest with the Super Mario Bros. Movie and Super Nintendo World, I'm pretty sure Nintendo wants to capitalize on this so I do expect them to showcase the next 3D Super Mario game and it'll be released next year on launch day with the next Nintendo console.


Yep. I know. It's been five years since we've heard about this game, but with Metroid Prime Remastered coming out last year, I'm pretty sure it's time that we finally see this game with a potential release date. I do believe that this game will be a cross-gen game where it will be released on Switch and the next Nintendo console. I do see it coming and I have hope. We'll see the game at the next Nintendo Direct, but the game won't be released until next year with the launch of the next Nintendo console along with a Switch version.


Speaking of the Metroid Prime series, since we got Metroid Prime Remastered last year, I do expect Metroid Prime 2: Echoes to follow suit as it'll also get a remaster and it'll be released this year. I don't know if it'll be a big remaster compared to the first Metroid Prime, but I think it'll still happen and I'm looking forward to it for the build-up to Metroid Prime 4.


Continuing on with the Metroid Prime series, just like I think we'll get Metroid Prime 2: Echoes getting a remaster, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will also probably get a remaster as I think it'll be released before Metroid Prime 4 comes out. In terms of when it'll come out, my guess is around the holidays this year possibly, but either way, I can see a remaster for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption happening to build hype for Metroid Prime 4.


I feel like it's time for a new original Donkey Kong game as we haven't gotten one since Donkey Country: Tropical Freeze on the Wii U in 2014 despite having an updated version game on the Switch. It's been ten years and with Nintendo heavily promoting Donkey Kong especially with the Donkey Kong World opening up at Super Nintendo World, I think it's happening. Now, whether it's a 2D or 3D Donkey Kong game, it's up for debate, but regardless, I expect a new Donkey Kong and it'll be announced at the next Nintendo Direct.


With them finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, I'm pretty sure that Monolith Soft will showcase their next game and I personally don't think it'll be a Xenoblade Chronicles game at all as I think it would be a new original IP from Monolith Soft that will showcase the power of what the next Nintendo console can do. Don't think it'll be released this year but do see it coming out next year within the launch year of the next Nintendo console, so I expect to see something from Monolith Soft on the next Nintendo console.


The game is going to come out on Switch on June 14 so if the Nintendo Direct happens before that time, I expect Nintendo to promote this game one last time to remind people that the game is coming out on Switch. At best, we'll probably see the game in a highlight reel but don't expect much attention on it. Either way, I have a feeling we'll see the game on the presentation, but we'll see.


This game was showcased at the Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase back in February of this year and with it coming out this year, I do expect more news on this game as we'll probably get it at the next Nintendo Direct for its release date. Similar to Monster Hunter Stories, I don't expect Nintendo to highlight the game that much, but I have a feeling it'll be in a highlight reel to remind people that the game will be coming to Switch soon.


Just like with Monster Hunter Stories, Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance, is going to be released on Switch on the same day as Monster Hunter Stories on June 14. Originally, the game was supposed to be released on June 21, but they moved it up by one week which is quite impressive as it showed that the game is already done and good to go. We don't get much coverage of this game as it'll probably be in a highlight reel but do expect it to show up in the Nintendo Direct if it's before June 14.


Like with Disney Epic Mickey Rebrushed, this game was showcased at the Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase in February of this year. With the game being released on June 25, I'm sure that Nintendo will give one more final advertisement for this game before its release. Like with the other third-party games I mentioned, I don't see Nintendo fully promoting it that much and will put in a highlight reel to remind the fans that the game is coming out.


After seeing this game numerous times on past Nintendo Directs, with the game finally having a release date this October, Nintendo will try to promote this game again to give it more attention. We might get more details on the game, but nothing more than that as it'll be a recap of what the game is all about before its release within a few months.

Wants


That's all I think will happen at Summer Game Fest for Nintendo, but let's go over what I want from Nintendo. Now, these games I want might happen or have no chance. However, I'm hoping for it to happen so let's get started.


The last time we saw much of this game was the Nintendo Direct in February of last year and I really want to see more of this game so badly. Granted, we might get more information on the game on the next Nintendo Direct, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.


This game was announced back at the Nintendo Direct in September of last year and with the game being released this year, I really want Nintendo to promote this game to see what it's all about. However, don't see it happening which is why it's on my want list, but hope it happens.


This game was showcased in the Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase back in February of this year so I want Nintendo to promote this game more, but I'll doubt they'll do that. Granted, it could appear in a highlight reel on the next Nintendo Direct, but doubt it.


It's been eight years since the last original Star Fox game with Star Fox Zero in 2016 on Wii U and I feel like the series deserves another shot again. However, they can't redo Star Fox 64 again as they need to do something different. As of now, I don't see Nintendo bringing back Star Fox anytime soon, but hope to see the series back and if so, I want to do something different with the franchise that is not a reboot of Star Fox 64.


Another franchise that hasn't been seen for a long time with Kid Icarus: Uprising being the last game of this series on the Nintendo 3DS back in 2012. This series has the potential to be as big as the other Nintendo franchises, but with no new game in the series for twelve years, I just don't know if it will happen at this point. However, I hope I'm wrong as I would love to see the series make a comeback, but just don't see it happening anytime soon.


Just like with every other franchise I mentioned on here, the last game we got in the series was Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on the Nintendo DS back in 2010 so it's been fourteen years since then. Even though we got Golden Sun on Nintendo Switch Online on the GBA app, I still want a new original Golden Sun from Nintendo. It'll probably won't happen, but I can dream.


I'm a broken record at this point as the last original Rhythm Heaven game we got was Rhythm Heaven Megamix on Nintendo 3DS in 2015 so it's been nine years since the last game and would love to see a new one. Even though I still think that a new original Rhythm Heaven game will attract non-gamers very well which help build up sales for Nintendo consoles and software, I just don't see it happening at this time, but I can hope.


Yep. This will never stop until it finally happens dang it! We want Mother 3 in the West as it got released on Nintendo Switch Online on the GBA app in Japan so come on Nintendo! Give us Mother 3! Thank you.

Well, those are my predictions for Nintendo in Summer Game Fest time.

What do you think Nintendo will show during Summer Game Fest?

What do you want Nintendo to show during Summer Game Fest?

Let me know in the comments below and thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts